Question Where to buy replacement GPU fans?

SabaII

Dec 16, 2011
Might need a new fan for my MSI RX580 Armor MK2 8gb and am just wondering what a good, reputable site might be to order from. Just need to limp it by a bit longer until Big Navi drops. Appreciate the feedback!

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Unfortunately used on ebay may be your best bet. Sometimes the same card, or parts of it die, and it is salvaged. Tbh I have had good luck with used AMD GPU stuff from ebay, so take a look.

Reactions: SabaII

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I am not sure about MSI, but I know other brands have fans replacement fans available. So I would contact MSI support first, and ask if they have replacement fans available for purchase.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
If the GamingX cooler is compatible I remember seeing a bunch of those popping up online... dunno if people upgraded or just sold for parts but those coolers are pretty decent units. Probably have to leave the LED connector disconnected but my gut is telling me that it's probably different mount pattern anyway...

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I got a pair of these babies for my 1080ti that had a bad fan. Not wanting more cheap junk fans when i can have something a bit better. OEM replacements from China take 6 weeks while these fans maybe 2-3 days tops.

Feld

Aug 6, 2015
I got a pair of these babies for my 1080ti that had a bad fan. Not wanting more cheap junk fans when i can have something a bit better. OEM replacements from China take 6 weeks while these fans maybe 2-3 days tops.

Directly from the description in your link: "Ships from Hong Kong. Most customers receive within 6-16 days." It would likely also require some modding of the GPU cooler to mount these.

• Haha
Reactions: mopardude87

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Directly from the description in your link: "Ships from Hong Kong. Most customers receive within 6-16 days." It would likely also require some modding of the GPU cooler to mount these.

Dang, i found a few pages with it and yeah i guess i bookmarked the wrong one. Was dang sure i had the right ones as multiple sellers had it some from usa. I guess that is what i get for ordering something all kinds of early on ZERO sleep. Me being overly tired has been a thing for nearly a month due to hypomania, messes so much with concentration. Clock like 1-4 hours nightly so it does things ugh.

Well i am getting this CM H500P Mesh, then second its here prob saturday i got some meh 110cfm 120mm on the Antec 900 i could put on gpu. They suck for pressure but maybe i could brute force some cfm. These meh fans still doing idk 70cfm at least honestly. Better then the 56cfm of the fractals and well one crapped out so yeah its time i guess to swap. The friends upgrade to a Antec 900 from a Emachines case is gonna have to wait a few weeks lol.Not like she is having issues with a non oced 2500k/1050ti. Oh well at least SOMETHING is coming. Still better then stock oem being 6 weeks.

Feld

Aug 6, 2015
Dang, i found a few pages with it and yeah i guess i bookmarked the wrong one. Was dang sure i had the right ones as multiple sellers had it some from usa. I guess that is what i get for ordering something all kinds of early on ZERO sleep. Me being overly tired has been a thing for nearly a month due to hypomania, messes so much with concentration. Clock like 1-4 hours nightly so it does things ugh.

Well i am getting this CM H500P Mesh, then second its here prob saturday i got some meh 110cfm 120mm on the Antec 900 i could put on gpu. They suck for pressure but maybe i could brute force some cfm. These meh fans still doing idk 70cfm at least honestly. Better then the 56cfm of the fractals and well one crapped out so yeah its time i guess to swap. The friends upgrade to a Antec 900 from a Emachines case is gonna have to wait a few weeks lol.Not like she is having issues with a non oced 2500k/1050ti. Oh well at least SOMETHING is coming. Still better then stock oem being 6 weeks.
Yeah, I once zip tied a pair of 140mm fans that came with a CPU tower cooler (because that's all I had laying around) to a Sapphire 290x after the stock fans seized up and it worked fine enough for underclocked mining, but wasn't as effective as I would have hoped.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Yeah, I once zip tied a pair of 140mm fans that came with a CPU tower cooler (because that's all I had laying around) to a Sapphire 290x after the stock fans seized up and it worked fine enough for underclocked mining, but wasn't as effective as I would have hoped.

Need fans with good pressure, then honestly it works better with less noise when factory ones. Worst case its louder but much cooler. Not just any fans will do for strapping on a gpu. My second time doing this and maybe third, friends 1050ti has a shotty bearing and given its a MSI model and my second to present a fan bearing issue i should not be surprised. My last MSI for sure.

I downclocked the gpu currently for when i fold, i am so cpu bottlenecked at 1080p that the card hardly heats up with fast sync enabled locking all games to 150fps. Get like 35% gpu usage in WOT maxed and like 50% i think in COD WW2 Zombies? Not loading over 70 cell still which is funny. Rest of my actively played games load maybe 20-50% of the gpu?

SabaII

Dec 16, 2011
I appreciate all the replies. Was talking with my bro in law and he is shipping me his vega 56 to get me by until big navi drops and I can see what I can afford to just replace it. I was never a huge fan (no pun intended but I will take it) of this GPU and have wanted to replace it for a while now and this just convinces me even more. I just cranked up all my case fans, opened my case and undervolted a bit to bring temps down to around 76C while gaming. The fan died while folding one night and I have no idea how long and at what temp it was running at. So it could crap out on me tomorrow for all I know too.