Where to buy motherboard standoffs for cheap

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I need to know where I can purchase standoffs for a case so I can mount a motherboard in it. I was hoping SVC since I wanted their lapping kit too and I could just make one purchase but I can't find it there.

So does anyone know where I can find some standoffs that I can buy online?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think the shipping will cause them to be just as, if not more expensive than buying some locally. Do you have a Fry's near you?

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Pfff. I have at least a hundred motherboard standoffs in a sandwich baggie in a junkbox. The small and large ones. Where do you live? I could send you some. Or ask anyone you know who's good with computers.

When they come with cases AND motherboards, you inevitably end up with more than you need.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Thank you all for your help guys. Dartworth has kindly agreed to mail me the standoffs for free bless his soul.

To mobobuff, thank you kindly for your willingness to donate as well.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
Thank you all for your help guys. Dartworth has kindly agreed to mail me the standoffs for free bless his soul.

There are good people around here and every once in awhile, we get blessed to find them. :)

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune

There are good people around here and every once in awhile, we get blessed to find them. :)

More like people that have been collecting these things since the early 90's and will jump at the chance to unload some of them. ;):beer:

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I accept anything really. I take old computers and fix them up to give away. Right now I am in desperate need of a Socket 478 Pentium 4 motherboard capable of 100Mhz FSB (can do 133 / 200 but it MUST do 100.. Kind of hard to find..) and I also need a Socket A mobo capable of using an old XP 2000+

Thank you all for your help. If anyone has one of the above mobos that they would be willing to part with for a good cause please pm me. You would be helping 2 families receive working computers who otherwise couldn't afford it.

Tbirdkid

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2002
go to a shop. they generally have them just sitting around and will give you what you need.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Tbirdkid
go to a shop. they generally have them just sitting around and will give you what you need.

I certainly wish. We have two computer shops here. One I alluded to in a pose a while back (450lb deceitful jabba). Wanted $75 for a used P4 board. And both dudes are the "Intel Rulz0rs" type. They dont keep any AMD boards. Both admitted they throw those away..

Crazy bastards..