Where to buy games?

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Where do you guys buy your games?

Good spots with some good deals and/or cheap shipping.

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Yeah, I go to best but, but there are so many good games I missed on 05 and 06. BB doesn't carry those old ones anymore.

Farley2k

Jan 5, 2003
Online stores are really your best bet for older games. B&M stores need to keep inventory fresh and new.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Online I use gogamer or amazon. Store, I only go to J and R computer world as they are cheaper than any other retail store in NYC.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Bestbuy or Futureshop preferably. If those two don't have it, I'll gi ti EB. The main reason I go to FS and BB over EB is cause they ACTUALLY have sales and you don't have to ask for the damn thing when buying it every time.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Check hot deals ... they always post the deals on games

and for me ... it's gogamer

just *today* i ordered Dungeon Seige II + Xpack and Jade Empire ... $30 shipped from gogamer!!
-that is basically 3 recent good games for bargain bin prices ... Jade Empire is still $30 at Circuit City.

If you are looking for newer games ... and sometimes "just release" sales, check the weekly ads for Target, CC and BB. .... often posted in our Hot Deals forum.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: apoppin
Check hot deals ... they always post the deals on games

and for me ... it's gogamer

just *today* i ordered Dungeon Seige II + Xpack and Jade Empire ... $30 shipped from gogamer!!
-that is basically 3 recent good games for bargain bin prices ... Jade Empire is still $30 at Circuit City.

If you are looking for newer games ... and sometimes "just release" sales, check the weekly ads for Target, CC and BB. .... often posted in our Hot Deals forum.
Is there a chance that Dungeon Siege 2 pack was everything all on 1 DVD?
I've been looking for something like that for a long time. I just have the core game on CD's.

I generally use Newegg and CDuniverse for my gaming needs. They normally have reasonable prices for current games and often have excellent deals on games that arent brand spanking new.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Steam sometimes because they have deals like they just recently had for Rockstar games on there and for preordering HL2 stuff. Gogamer is awesome and I buy a lot of games from them. Amazon and ebay too. I hardly buy from B&M unless I need the game NOW which isnt often or I get gift cards.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
not a chance ... CD :p
... sadly
http://www.gogamer.com/Dungeon...Id444758VVviewprod.htm

http://www.gogamer.com/Jade-Em...Id444758VVviewprod.htm

i just finished installing both PainKiller/BOoH and FarCry from CD ... twice ...
once on Vista 32 and once on Vista 64 --
---that's 20 CDs total! [!!]
:roll:
don't forget the multiplicity of patches
/sigh
Far Cry has a dirt cheap DVD version at Newegg. If you ever lose or get sick of the CD's you may wish to check it out.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: shortylickens
not a chance ... CD :p
... sadly
http://www.gogamer.com/Dungeon...Id444758VVviewprod.htm

http://www.gogamer.com/Jade-Em...Id444758VVviewprod.htm

i just finished installing both PainKiller/BOoH and FarCry from CD ... twice ...
once on Vista 32 and once on Vista 64 --
---that's 20 CDs total! [!!]
:roll:
don't forget the multiplicity of patches
/sigh
Far Cry has a dirt cheap DVD version at Newegg. If you ever lose or get sick of the CD's you may wish to check it out.

thanks, but i could probably put it all on DVD myself
:p

i won't ever lose them ... and i do other things while it is setting up .... like D/L at 56k .... or bug you guys here
[256K, now!]

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
I buy them at Target haha! I'll get it as Bestbuy if I have a coupon or a $5 reward zone coupon.. Ebay for older titles though Im hesitant to buy online multiplayer games that require keys/

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
I used to buy from GameStop, but their PC section is so small now, it's ridiculous. I go to GoGamer or Steam now.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Usually GoGamer, or Amazon, or Steam. Usually if its on Steam, I go there first.