Where to buy container loads of clothing?

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Is there a site with wholesale companys or something? I'm looking to buy containers of white/color t-shirts, just wondering if you guys know of anything that might be helpful.

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
tell us what your doing it for first

I'm a local wholesaler myself... for example I sell 12 white t-shirts for $12 so you can see my cost price is less than a dollar a shirt but i'm looking to pay even less...

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
do they have to be new shirts

LOL! Yes, doesnt matter if they are IR or 1st quality though... I deal in both.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Chiboy

I would think the cheapest way would be to contract a manufacturer in china. Post a lead on tradekey.com

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002

I would think the cheapest way would be to contract a manufacturer in china. Post a lead on tradekey.com

Thanks slim, I will check it out... I would prefer not to import though, so closeouts would be nice.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Most apparel makers that can handle what you are looking for will be in Asia or the Caribbean.

You could contact the Tades offices of such embassies. They would also be able to point you to companies in their countries that may have the capacity of what you are looking for.

Do you realize the amount of material that will fit inside a standard shipping container?
Measure the volume and determine the number of shirts that it would take?

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Most apparel makers that can handle what you are looking for will be in Asia or the Caribbean.

You could contact the Tades offices of such embassies. They would also be able to point you to companies in their countries that may have the capacity of what you are looking for.

Do you realize the amount of material that will fit inside a standard shipping container?

Since I already buy containers from CA, yes...

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

No offense, just having seen some of those containers up close on rail cars, the volume can me immense.

Out of curiosity, how many shirts would fill a standard 40 container?

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002

No offense, just having seen some of those containers up close on rail cars, the volume can me immense.

Out of curiosity, how many shirts would fill a standard 40 container?

6,000 Dozen / 72,000 Pcs.

Nov 5, 2001
why is it people who are supposedly wholesalers are always posting looking for leads on where to buy stuff?

1. you should already know how to find sources
2. why would anyone tell you their source?