where to buy a home defense shotgun...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by: andy9o
Originally posted by: K1052
Originally posted by: K1052
I would recommend this. Only holds 5 rounds, but can be reloaded quickly with a speed-loader. It's a smaller weapon than a shotgun, offering improved mobility in a close quarters situation. The 500 Magnum is the most powerful handgun in the world. It was mentioned recently on Roll Call as being the ONLY sidearm to carry when you might need to protect yourself from a Grizzly Bear.

That is a bad idea on so many levels.

but, think of the look on their faces when they're looking down that barrel...
and it gives you the one perfect chance to do your dirty harry routine.
"....Do I feel lucky, well, do ya... PUNK"

Good way to get yourself killed.

need to die sometime. might as well be worth reading about

You'd be faster with two hands on a shotgun than with two hands on that revolver. Also, for such a great gun, you need plenty of training, and I think ammo don't come cheap.
And I think I would fear more a rifle/shotgun than even so big a revolver

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I was thinking about this too..a shotgun would be nice cuz even if your aim isn't right you can still spray them with bullets. With that revolver you have 5 shots and you have to make them count.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: gigapet
Originally posted by: Sluggo
You need the Street Sweeper its great for home defense.

whoa what the hell is that thing

Semi auto 12 gauge.

Note that it's registered as Destructive Device, that thing is going to be $$$ to own & transfer.

Fun toy, but I'd rather have the full auto magazine loaded 12 gauge that is floating around the web in video.

http://midamericarecreation.com/aa12_videos.htm

Check out the firing video.

Viper GTS

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jewno
just grab a paintball gun and shoot robbers in the face or balls.

i just moved in the ghetto, i have over 100 frozen paintballs ready, also a shotgun loaded next to my bed.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: stars
Bigsm00th, they suggested a Mossberg 835 pump shotgun 12 gauge w/ 18 1/2 inch barrel w/ black synthetic stock. Should be around 250 new or if you can find one at a pawn shop for 150 - 175. If possible fire one before buying it. You may want to get a 20 gauge due to the pistol grips being hard to control. Hope this helps.

i found that one and picked it up...nice gun. it has a good feel to it, but i fell in love with the remington 870. tell them i appreciate the advice and i went with a 12 gauge that has an 18 1/2 inch barrel w/ black synthetic stock...it just isnt the gun they recommended.

i really love how this gun feels and looks. it holds 5+1 without the plug installed, 2+1 with the plug. i got a bunch of birdshot ammo to go shoot skeet/hunt and a few rounds of buckshot for around the house. picked up a few slugs just to see what kind of damage they will do to random household appliances (out in the yard of course, not gonna open fire in my kitchen).

great advice from everyone and i appreciate the input. im a happy camper with my new shotgun! btw, it was $259 from my local bass pro shop.