Where Romney's Money Lives

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
calling me "loony" and saying im upset doesnt really mean anything. Neither does attempting to equate Romney's tax returns to Obama's BC...Evidently neither does attempting to discuss this rationally with you. So I'll stop and we will see what happens.

You are just upset to be called out as being a returner and upset that people view you like they do the birthers. Easy solution is to stop being a loony returner.

In the mean time, Romney still has to answer questions on his Taxes....that must suck for him, and for those that hope to defend him.

Like what, why he will not drive to your house and show you his returns? :rolleyes:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
This just in! The Romney Money Map found! :p

curiosity-full.jpg

Oh man! BUSTED!

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Obama should announce he's releasing the last 12 years of his tax returns just like Mitt's father, that would be some symbolic embarrassment for Mitt.

Obama should release his college papers, trapscripts, and basically ANYTHINg about his past..................unless this is a one way street where libs dont have to do things that would hurt them.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Obama should release his college papers, trapscripts, and basically ANYTHINg about his past..................unless this is a one way street where libs dont have to do things that would hurt them.

You cannot reason with a returner. Like birthers, they have too much vested in something to amazingly unimportant.

Feb 4, 2009
Here's the way I see this, Mr Romney has amassed an amazing fortune and as a voter if someone with a 401k that has substantially (to an amount of it being unbelievable) that beat the market and someone whose central platform is tax cuts, I'd really like to know more than 1 year & 1 year estimate.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Then you want to actually see all the tax returns of Congress instead. They always beat market estimates with their investments.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
What a sad state our country is in when success is a bad thing that is frowned upon and painted to be a detriment, albeit by a militant minority. All the while, a man whose presidential term is painted with abject failure is exhalted, again by the same militant minority.

If Mr. Romney has broken laws, charge him and prosecute him to the fullest extent of those laws. Otherwise, continue to appeal to the sensibilities of weak minds with stories like these. Do it often enough, and those still capable of using their brains will be turned off from the community organizer who excels at running his mouth and nothing else.

The left is circling the wagons in a circle jerk of impotence that the rest of us are laughing at. The desperation can be cut with a knife.

I think everybody knows Romney is rich and connected enough that he is for all intents and purposes "above the law." Unless he murdered somebody and the murder got a lot of press coverage, he is pretty much immune.

I think the problem is the way some people measure success. You can't just look at a person's bank balance. One needs to analyze their performance at each point in adult lives and review what effects have resulted from them.

Romney was born with a silver spoon in his ass. He had everything handed to him as a child, and was brought up in a manner that gave him a HUGE opportunity boost vs the "proles." When he ran Bain, he bought up companies, and outsourced as much as he could to foreign countries, helping to destroy the middle class and prevent upward mobility amongst the masess all while hoarding money and keeping it hidden from the IRS.

I do not consider that to be successful. At best, I would say he's a pandering greedy asshole who doesn't give a shit about anybody or anything except for money.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Then he should go back further. It will help demonstrate his bona fides.

You'd need to see Bain's tax returns, not his. His won't tell anything about Bain etc.

There's a reason why candidates release the returns.

If you check (and I've posted the link several times already and won't again, it's easy to find with google) you'll find that many candidates, at least those actually elected, never released any tax returns until they were elected. The returns released were those for years while they held.

If you're not finding it, it's because you don't want to see it. Asking for GPA is not the same as demanding transcripts. And if the requests were made of Hillary Clinton, then it was the same underlying theme, only this time that as a "girl" she must have gotten help somehow.

You're attributing a reason why people want to see his transcripts. I know for many it has nothing to do with AA, it has to do with claims about what a brilliant student he was. That was the qualification many of supporters touted. (What else could they point to?) There's also some question of beliefs he may have revealed in his thesis.

Hillary's was about (possible) radical ideas she held as a student. Had nothing to do with her gender.

Fern