Where is the phone number listing to Nvidias technical support?

xMax

Sep 2, 2005
I need to ask a question to Nvidia about DVI signal integrity between desktop and workstation cards, but i cant find their god damn technical support hotline anywhere on their website. Its as if they dont want people calling them.

I live in Canada and would clearly prefer a free number. But if there isn't, then i will settle for their american number.

Thanks.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: xMax
Thats pretty wack.

Why? When the windows in your car fail to open do you contact the manufactuer of the windows or the car dealership?

xMax

Sep 2, 2005
Good point. I guess i should have rephrased the question. What im looking for is not technical support, but a technical question involving a technology. Who then do i contact?

Because i just dont see how anybody would know more about their Cards than Nvidia. Especially when my question is in regards to the comparison between a desktop and workstation card, which i would only be able to get from a company that sells both, like Leadtek or PNY.

But i truly believe that Leadtek or PNY will not be able to know more than Nvidia themselves.

But i guess i could be wrong, and maybe i should contact Leadtek. I already looked at PNY, but i cant seem to find their technical support number.

xMax

Sep 2, 2005
That was a good link Nate. I had actually been there before but didn't pay attention. It actually answered one of my other questions that i have posted in the video forum.

The problem is that im paranoid and my question is probably way too difficult to find an answer to.

Essentially it goes like this. I got an Eizo CG210 LCD display. Its rated as the best LCD monitor in the world for image quality by DisplayMate and Toms Hardware Guide. After getting the monitor, i bought an entirely new system which contained an ATI X1800XT. After doing some grayscale tests on the monitor, i wound up noticing an abnormally high amount of noise. And this happened even with a DVI connection. I did my research and found out at the Eizo web site that the ATI cards have incompatibility issues with their monitors when connected in DVI mode. So i went out and got an Nvidia card to see if the problem would be fixed. And it was. The Nvidia card had very little noise, but still a little remaining. I returned the Nvidia card. Im also now selling my ATI card to a friend.

So now i want to get an NVidia card to hook up to my display via a DVI connection. But the point is that i want a card that will have virtually no artifacts or incompatibility issues by any means what so ever with my monitor. I tried calling Eizo but they dont know how to help.

What i want to know is if a quadro, high end one, will have a better or cleaner DVI connection to my monitor than a GeForce will.

So im basically trying to figure out which of these two types of cards, the desktop or workstation, would have better DVI signal integrity. Clearly the workstation cards would be equal to or greater. If they are equal to, then i dont want to waist all kinds of money on such a card. If they are greater, then i will spend the money.

In principle, as stated by DisplayMate, there is no such thing as image quality with DVI. The only issue is compatibility between certain cards and certain monitors.

But im so paranoid from the ATI experience that i dont know if the noise im seeing on my display is normal or not when hooked up to a geforce card. If it is, then i dont need a quadro. if it isnt, then i may have to go in that direction.

I dont think anybody is going to be able to answer my question.

Gstanfor

Banned
Oct 19, 1999
I think you need to rotate the problem 180 degrees and ask if the randeon 1900 displays this noise on monitors other than yours (pretty easily tested).

If it doesn't, then I'd suggest the company you need to be asking questions to is Eizo.