Where is the Info Minister?

Dangermouse33

Senior member
Mar 9, 2001
272
0
0
I havn't heard anything about him or seen anything about him...You'd expect him to come out full force on this one...maybe a picture of him beside that saddam statue or something
 

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
8,968
16
81
I say one of the networks should hire him as a news anchor. I'd watch the news much more often if he was the anchor... even if I knew there was no truth to what he was saying.
 

calpha

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
1,287
0
0
Even though I'm for the war, and behind Bush, I guess I'm one of the few who feels bad for some of the Baath party officials. With all the idiocy he was spouting, I couldn't help but wonder if he was told "Say what we tell you or you're dead. And your family too."

Make no mistake. I don't have sympathy for the Baath party, but I do have a compassion for those that were too scared to try and leave for fear of reprisal. A sort of Damned if you do, damned if you don't perspective. Being that they were high ranking Baath party officals, I doubt they'd be put in anything but a war-crimes trial anyway even if they did decide to "defect" or surrender.
 

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
3,383
1
0
Perhaps he had an invite to the "party" in the Monsur district the other day. I kinda liked the baffoon, I hope he survived and someday can tell us the story behind his outragous statements.
 

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
11,983
0
0
Originally posted by: calpha
Even though I'm for the war, and behind Bush, I guess I'm one of the few who feels bad for some of the Baath party officials. With all the idiocy he was spouting, I couldn't help but wonder if he was told "Say what we tell you or you're dead. And your family too."

Make no mistake. I don't have sympathy for the Baath party, but I do have a compassion for those that were too scared to try and leave for fear of reprisal. A sort of Damned if you do, damned if you don't perspective. Being that they were high ranking Baath party officals, I doubt they'd be put in anything but a war-crimes trial anyway even if they did decide to "defect" or surrender.

You need to do a little research on how he got that position, somehow I doubt more of his family being killed would have bothered him, he had already given up some of his own family to Saddam for execution...
 

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
12,899
1
0
Ummm ... The Iraqi Information Officer is suffering a condition that is a result of a shrapnel enema.

 

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
4,999
106
106
Heard the baghdad comedy hour has been cancelled. Shame to. I think Baghdad Bob would have really caught on in the standup comedy world if they moved him to a better time slot.;)
 

UF Jspec

Senior member
Oct 15, 1999
609
0
0
Whoever came up with the name 'Bagdhad Bob' deserves some free meal vouchers at the local Sizzler. Me likes.
 

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
14,093
2
81
Originally posted by: UF Jspec
Whoever came up with the name 'Bagdhad Bob' deserves some free meal vouchers at the local Sizzler. Me likes.

I think it was one of the Fox News military analyists. I can't remember his name but it's the Capt.(?) with something like 7 Purple Hearts.
 

Dangermouse33

Senior member
Mar 9, 2001
272
0
0
Speaking of the Iraqi foreign minister, has anyone heard from morph lately? I havn't seen him post for a while.....
 

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
10,597
0
0
Originally posted by: Dangermouse33
Speaking of the Iraqi foreign minister, has anyone heard from morph lately? I havn't seen him post for a while.....


Moonbeam seems to be back. That should more than fulfill any misinformation neeeds that anyone has.
 

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
72,784
6,218
126
Yup, I'm back filled with the Holy Spirit. Step up brothers and sisters, oh that's right. the women are attending to reality and don't have time to get their rocks off with war drumming.

Baghdad Bob is all well and good, but Minister Magoo was masterful. I think Saddam hired him from Florida where he used to count votes.