Where is the G-D OUTRAGE in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Where is the outrage in this forum about the events that unfolded in London yesterday?

A man, a partner of a journalist, was detailed falsely under the pretense of being a terrorist. He was forced to divulge passwords (legal under UK law) and his private items confiscated. Simply because of his relation to a journalist at the center of exposing the NSA and the most egregious abuses of government power since Hitler.

Republican? Democrat? It does not matter. If you care about freedom, you'll care about news like this before they freaking arrest YOU under the pretense of being a terrorist.

Are you all asleep or something? Where are the threads? Debates? Are you too busy watching reality TV or pre-season football??? This is the real freaking deal!

-------------------------------------
Two days late and few $$ short

If you are going to complain, please make it legit :colbert:

EK
Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
He's right, the discussion has been muted relative to its importance on such a msg board.

Maybe nobody wants their family detained during their next vacation or to have a surprise butt sex (oops, I mean Audits) from the feds.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I've been calling for a Civil Liberties party for the entire year. This is just another case example of why both Democrats and Republicans must be opposed and voted out of office.

Asleep at the wheel may be due to the determination that no matter what anyone here thinks, or how we feel, 2016 will belong to either R or D. We aren't going to change that.

This nation is huge, our leaders distant and unmoved. To effect change, secession of States may be required. Like minded individuals need to gather in certain areas and become enough of a majority population to see real changes.

At this point it takes a real national party / movement. It takes physical organization, manpower, resources. Perhaps none of us here are ready nor capable of leading such a thing. We bleating sheep need a shepherd.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I've been calling for a Civil Liberties party for the entire year. This is just another case example of why both Democrats and Republicans must be opposed and voted out of office.

Asleep at the wheel may be due to the determination that no matter what anyone here thinks, or how we feel, 2016 will belong to either R or D. We aren't going to change that.

This nation is huge, our leaders distant and unmoved. To effect change, secession of States may be required. Like minded individuals need to gather in certain areas and become enough of a majority population to see real changes.

At this point it takes a real national party / movement. It takes physical organization, manpower, resources. Perhaps none of us here are ready nor capable of leading such a thing. We bleating sheep need a shepherd.

Ok, i'll admit it.

That was inspiring.

Though I'm not clear on the catch 22 because my ass is firmly planted in the status quo, it's like I can see it but can't quite grip it to tear it down. K next thread.

Edit: Reminded of this blog post http://www.oftwominds.com/blogaug13/reform8-13.html

Selected quote.
Here is my scale-invariant summary of the Status Quo:

1. An economy that is controlled by the government is one in which political power, not the market, controls the distribution of national income. Politics is the arena in which the national income is distributed. The primary contestants are entrenched, vested interests seeking to protect their perquisites and power.
2. A government in which political power is for sale to the highest bidder puts the wealthy at an extreme advantage, as they have the means to buy political power to conserve and expand their share of the national income.
3. In order to do the bidding of the financial Elite, the political Elite redistributes enough national income to the bottom 50% and retirees to buy their silence/complicity.
4. A nation in which political power is for sale is one in which the rule of law is bent to serve those with power.

You have to buy into his premise to put any stake in his conclusions. Everyone seems to be confused about the premise of our government as it relates to conclusions it invariably leads to.

Last edited:

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I consider Snowden a National Hero! If the Britians want to cooperate with the Facist Dictators in the White House and the Federal Govt., then that is Britians Problem.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
they are all on SSRI's and medical marijuana between alcoholic hangovers out here. They just want to know when they can vote for the obama again.

Status
Not open for further replies.