Where is the best place to buy a computer system? CAN YOU PLEASE HELP???

Maxfly

Jan 25, 2000
Hello guys. I just want to buy a systems with PIII 500...Where is the best place to buy it online??? Thanks for all your help////

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
Dell isn't going to have a P3 500 unless you buy something refurbished. All of their current systems with P3's are 667MHZ and up. The same will be true with pretty much any other major manufacturer, such as Gateway, Micron, or Compaq. Most stopped building systems with 500MHZ P3's a few months back, or more in some cases.

Your best bet is to look around and see what you can find. Also, compare prices of a PIII 500 machine that you do find with a comparable machine with a higher clock speed, you might be suprised.
I dealt with someone the other day who had a price on a P3 550 system from a local shop that built their own systems. I was able to set him up with a 733MHZ at the same price.

Maxfly

Jan 25, 2000
I apreciate you guys help. I can also buy the components and maybe save some cash. I just don't now what to buy. Can you help get me a list of components to buy to built a p3 comp. I have the hard drive floppy and cd rom.

I really appreciate your help..Thank You

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
definitely go to general hardware.

arstechnica has their 3 tiered system recommendations.

and anandtech has had articles too.

read them, then see what is going on at general hardware (we need a price, and what you want to do with it (programming, graphics (video editting, 3d modeling, CAD, photo manipulation), cracking (the legal kind), etc)