Where in the hell do you buy a T15H screwdriver?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Not too interested in screwdriver bits - too easy to lose. I want an actual T15H (or TX15H as some people insist on labeling it) solid screwdriver.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
I think Fry's has them (possibly available on www.outpost.com Fry's web page).

If you check locally for an electronics sore (a real one, not Radio Shack ... a commercial electronics supply), they also usually have them.

Unfortunately, you may have to buy a set. I don't recall seeing individual drivers (of the "posted Torx" variety).

Good Luck

Scott

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Also, anyone with any insight into why the hell Compaq Deskpro EN's have a solenoid that appears to do nothing at all mounted to their chassis with T15H screws, please speak up. Hell, it's only the desktop models that have it, too; the towers and SFF's don't.

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Also, anyone with any insight into why the hell Compaq Deskpro EN's have a solenoid that appears to do nothing at all mounted to their chassis with T15H screws, please speak up. Hell, it's only the desktop models that have it, too; the towers and SFF's don't.

The switch for detecting chassis intrusion?

For the bit, my local tool store sells them. Check yours.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Zach
Originally posted by: EyeMWing

The switch for detecting chassis intrusion?

For the bit, my local tool store sells them. Check yours.

A solenoid is not a switch - and it comes CLOSE, but not in contact with the upper lid. And the system will not boot without the solenoid connected. Which is quite confusing.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
I believe those Compaqs allow you to lock the case from BIOS.

(no keys to lose)

FWIW

Scott

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: ScottMac
I believe those Compaqs allow you to lock the case from BIOS.

(no keys to lose)

FWIW

Scott

I've never noticed it, and I have a million billion of them. :confused:

That, and it'd be a rather ineffective lock, since the actuated post wouldn't obstruct much, if any, of the case.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: MDE
Originally posted by: sao123
sears?
If it's a hand tool, there's probably a Craftsman model available.

Actually, no, there's not. The Sears folks had never seen it before (trust me, we prefer to buy Craftsman, because the lifespan on our tools is much lower than the lifespan of a fruit fly)