Where have you traveled to recently?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Salvation Mountain, Bombay Beach, Slab City, Mecca and a side trip to TJ over my week off over Xmas.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I hear a rumor that your relatives were from Out Mongolia......
Yep!! You guessed it!!
I went to see for myself………...

Reactions: Mayne

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
my daughter is married to a mongolian and just had a baby.

My last name is Lloyd..do the grammar lol.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
that sounds awesome! did you make it to uluru, or are you going to do that in winter when going back to melbourne? i wanted to go there when i visited australia a couple years ago but it was november and already too hot there.
No, not yet. Coming from Melbourne I did the Oodnadatta Track and then to Coober Pedy and camped underground in an old opal mine. After that I headed south towards the coast along the Great Australian Bight. I'll leave Uluru for my second leg of the trip to Darwin. Summer in Australia is not enjoyable at all to travel in. Crazy 40C+ heat in the interior, rains that close a lot of roads near the coast, and flies everywhere that fly into your ears and eyeballs and mouth.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I've been to China, Japan, and Cambodia. I've lived in South Korea and Thailand. My goal is to buy a condo in Vietnam and I'll probably die there. I'd like to one day travel the world before this body drops. Everyone should travel abroad. You come to the realization that your thoughts are small, the world is a big place, and everything you've been conditioned to think a certain way. There are millions of people who think and live differently.

Reactions: BurnItDwn and Mayne

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Exuma, Bahamas a few weeks ago.

Swimming with the pigs!

swp1.jpg

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I traveled to the souths in 2018.
Went to South Carolina for a wedding.
Went to South Dakota to visit family.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Chicago a few weeks ago, Indianapolis a few months before that, Wisconsin Dells a few weeks before that, Charlotte a few weeks before that, then sometime before all that I came out of a vagina.

Ever gone back?

Tormac

Feb 3, 2011
My wife went back home to Chongqing (China) to spend some time with her mom, and left me and the boy stuck in the middle of winter in Ohio.

She was just rubbing it in, just send me pictures of the flowers blooming around Chongqing.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Went to Key West last month. Fun for a couple of days, but that's about all I'd want to spend there.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
? I don't remember anything like that, food was fine

I was in a non-tourist area for couple weeks. The locals seem to like fried foods and had a meat heavy diet. I need veggies.

The night time "lunch" was an interesting experience, lotta fried foods though. It was by some call center buildings and since the people inside work USA hours, their break was in the middle of the night.

I really missed a freshly brewed cup of coffee while I was there.

Reactions: KMFJD

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Last year did San Antonio, New Orleans, Miami, Greece (Athens, Santorini, Mykonos), and the Bahamas. Santorini was awesome, would go back without a doubt.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I was in a non-tourist area for couple weeks. The locals seem to like fried foods and had a meat heavy diet. I need veggies.

The night time "lunch" was an interesting experience, lotta fried foods though. It was by some call center buildings and since the people inside work USA hours, their break was in the middle of the night.

I really missed a freshly brewed cup of coffee while I was there.
I missed good bread the most, there was a lot of lechon but i never noticed the fried foods all that much, i was in Mindanao though, not sure if that matters.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
My whole family (parents/bro/sis & their kids/spouses) and my family did a family trip to Oahu over the summer. Spent 10 days at the Aulani Resort. While I enjoyed my time there, I won't be back to Oahu or Aulani probably ever again unless the trip was free or something. Way too expensive and commercialized. We're planning another trip to Cabo, where at least we can get all inclusive.

My girlfriend tried to talk me into going there with our kids. I suggested we go to Kauai instead, because of all the outdoor activities there. Everyone had a wonderful time, would highly recommend if you ever go back to Hawaii.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Went up to Floyd, Va. the other weekend. Met my sister there and went to the weekly flatflootin' ho-down at the local drug store. Was actually a decent time. The band was playing, and the folks couldn't wait to get out there and shuffle around. Then I met my nephew and we blew up an old dresser with some Tannerite and a 308. Good times......good times.....