where do you usually shop for clothes?

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
i'm curious where people shop for their clothes cause i just went shopping yesterday...

i usually buy casual stuff at gap, miller's outpost, and aeropostale...formal stuff at macy's or structure...but i do buy stuff from other places if it looks good and has a fair price...but those listed above are the main places i go...so what about everyone else?

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Whereever there's clearance items to be found. I will not buy anything from the Gap, or Tommy though.

SexEPid

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2000
FootLocker, Stiches, Below the Belt is good too
I mostly wear Nike or anything that looks good
Of course, everything looks good on me..:)

Pid, TYRP

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Old Navy, Structures, Gap, Banana Republic if things are on sale.., Mr. Rags, and Macy's. I buy all my shoes at Foot Locker or Foot Action. :D

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< mOldy Navy is my fav store, ever. >>

I was under the impression they were a more &quot;value-oriented&quot; chain than many others. Maybe I'm wrong, it's not like I've ever been to one.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
for special sales, hell yes. I've got Tshirts from there for a whopping $5/each.

but I've also got shirts from there that were upwards of $15-20. Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but that's kinda expensive for a lousy shirt, to me.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
If I'm correct; Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic are all part of the same company, just each with a different quality on their goods.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
illkid is right, old navy is the cheap version of gap, and gap is the cheap version of banana republic. it would be disturbing if banana republic was the cheap version of another store.

i personally live in the gap, old navy, and abercrombie and fitch. but ONLY when the clothes are on sale. with gap, their clothes will go on sale in about month. wait them out.

bolomite

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2000
&quot;Do you love it?&quot;

&quot;I love it!&quot;

&quot;I got it at Ross!&quot;

(Actually, more like &quot;I got sh*t at Ross!&quot;)

BTW, everything I've ever purchased from Old Navy tore in, like, a week.

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
from what i know Banana Republic, The Gap, and Old Navy are owned by the same company or something, what i noticed was that they are not exactly cheaper versions of the other, but rather different types of clothing: Banana selling stuff that is more classy/formal, Gap selling casual stuff, and Old Navy selling t-shirt and jeans type clothing...

i've bought stuff from Old navy before, but i mainly go to gap cause i either got clothes at a discount through friends or, like others have already mentioned, the sales, if you like gap i suggest you go to gap.com and go to the sale section, its so much cheaper, i would never buy any of their stuff at regular price...about a month ago i bought a short sleeved stretch shirt for $12.99, original price: $38...:Q

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Goodwill USED to be great when I lived in a real city. :( Always weird things like $5 Gucci purses. Here in the backwoods it's no fun any more.

With five kids I shop anywhere I don't have to pay more than a couple bucks an item. Online shopping rocks .... although it won't after all the companies finally figure out that you can't stay in business giving stuff away, darn it all.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Down here in Hawaii it's not like we have a lot of choices, but we do have almost all the major brands. My fav places where I go at least once a month for clothes are:

1: Gap (for casual clothes)
2: D.E.M.O (for my urban/street clothes)
3: Town &amp; Country (surf shop incase you didn't know ;))
4: Champ Sports (for shoes/basketball gear)
5: Liberty House (for Tommy/Guess/other brand names)

That's about all the places I go regularly. There are a few places I shop sometimes. But mostly those, in that order.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Structure, Limited, Express, Victoria' Secret, Bath &amp; Body Works, and Abercrombie are all owned by the same people.

I like the Tommy Hilfiger outlet. Get the coupons during sale time, and I've picked up jeans for like $25 before. I don't wear their really gaudy stuff that has Tommy written all over it. Mainly the polo style shirts and button up shirts.

Adidas and Nike t-shirts that I can find onsale at department stores for $10/each. And they last forever.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Banana Republic used to be much cooler than it is now. They used to have real outback stuff, like this olive green flight suit with ammo belt I used to have... :D

The best bet is clearance shopping. Go straight to the back of the store and ignore all the new items. What is $50 today will be $15 tomorrow, guaranteed!