where do you get your gaming news?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I am sick of IGN and their rumors posing as news and wading through reviews of TV shows that suck. I think Gamespot lost a lot of what made them decent. They have some bias in their writings.

Anyway, what site is good to obtain the latest gaming news? Anandtech is more tech and hardware oriented, I want info on upcoming titles and reviews etc. What's the best place to obtain this anymore? PC and console is fine. I tried looking around for a good site but a few of them seem to just link outside their own website to someone else's writing.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
RPS, Kotaku, and PC Gamer.

I will say that Kotaku has become highly annoying. Every article posted by Brian Ashcraft makes me want to stop reading their blog.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Thanks I'll check out some of them. Heard of some of them before. I didn't know bluesnews was still around lol.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
I frequently visit:
shacknews.com
n4g.com (for a collection of gaming news links)
and rpgwatch.com (for RPG news)

I could really care less about the big guys anymore. A good chunk of their news, and especially reviews, seem overly biased to me.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
totalbiscuit's youtube
r/gaming

Since when does /r/gaming ever have anything news-related? Last time I checked, it's nothing but memes, screenshots, cakes, "look what I played last weekend", nonsense like that. I unsubscribed from that subreddit a long time ago.

/r/games is much more useful for news. Also, /r/gamernews.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
^ +2

The old days used to read the main gaming mags but now that they have gone to the Net or out of business its mostly here. Sometimes at HF as well.

Yeah I used to love Electronic Gaming Monthly back in the day. Online has rendered mags obsolete because their info is already old.

Seeruk

Nov 16, 2003
bluesnews ... really that's it. STILL the best shit filter for gaming news and usually has a couple of interesting general tech or cool stuff items that aren't picked up by my feeds

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah I used to love Electronic Gaming Monthly back in the day. Online has rendered mags obsolete because their info is already old.

I dont even care about old news. I hate they clearly lost their objectivity a long ass time ago. Gamespot too.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Other than here I only go to Joystiq. They cover pretty much everything in the industry ad nauseum.