Where do we go when WW3 happens?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Where do we go?
Well... before the nukes fall we will all be drafted.
Imagine drafted at 70 years old.
Sound crazy?
Trump will say, "if I can be president at 70+ then YOU can be drafted".
And after the bombs fall?
There will be nowhere to go because this will be the end.
The end of it all.
Pray for the roaches. They can supposedly survive anything. But then again, no roach has ever went up against Donald Trump.
What disturbs me to this day is why most of my religious Pentecostal family members claim why they voted for Trump.
To hurry along the rapture.
Yes.... they believe Trump will deliver them unto heaven via the rapture. That Trump will indeed force WW3, and Hallelujah let the bombs fly!

Jul 9, 2009
I never said it was a bad book.
and I never said it was an accurate one. I said that there were some speculative fiction books out their that were pretty accurate, as far as speculation can be, but never said or claimed that Damnation Alley was one of them.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
well, the nutso billionaire run-away-and-hide survivalist types have been buying up acres in New Zealand for many years now (YUUUUGE spikes in sales at the beginning of this year, btw), ...so I would say New Zealand.

But it looks like even Australia isn't going to be very friendly anymore, so....dunno.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The majority of people will go to their graves. Those not dying in the immediate carnage would likely succumb over the following weeks and months and then years to starvation, violence and disease. There's plenty of fairly well researched speculative fiction out there for those interested. Those with enough wealth and resources could certainly increase their odds if they choose.

aye, and that's the problem: rather than invest resources in preventing the state of social decay and anger that their actions and lifestyle and politics tend to cause, the uber mensch billionaire class just buys up bunkers and plans to go into turtle mode when shit hits the fan.

Of course, it doesn't have o hit the fan, but weird that the human condition is to:

a) accept the inevitable decline of society into chaos
b) squirrel away the resources in order to survive in a world where that current wealth will be meaningless
c) scoff at the potential to invest that same wealth into a better world for everyone: solutions rather than walls and turrets.

shit--what the hell happened to Carnegie and Rockefeller?

It seems that, today, for every Gates or Musk, there's a few dozen assholes like Thiel out there.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Well first off Hillary and Obama (assisted by Soros) created the fuckup in the Ukraine. Obama was also busy stationing U.S. military assets in a number of NATO countries that border or were near to the Russian border... which was agitating Putin.

but then Trump comes in who is willing to talk with Putin and more than likely trouble between Russia and the U.S. will deescalate.... but whatever. As long as the people who know what the hell is going on don't listen to the liberal whiny bitches (LWBs)... you will quickly realize that there will not be a major conflict in Europe between Russia and the U.S.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
According to this movie the only place that survives WWIII is upstate New York in Albany.
I remember this movie fondly because it was on when I first got lucky :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_Alley_(film)
Damnation Ally

First Lieutenant Jake Tanner (Jan-Michael Vincent) shares ICBM silo duty at an American air force missile base in the Californian desert with Major Eugene "Sam" Denton (George Peppard), who is requesting not to work with him. On their way to duty, Denton talks to Airman Tom Keegan (Paul Winfield), an aspiring artist. When the United States detects incoming nuclear missiles from the Soviet Union, Tanner and Denton launch part of the retaliatory strike. The United States is hit hard, although it manages to intercept 40% of Soviet missiles.

Two years later, the Earth has been tilted off its axis by nuclear detonations of World War III; radiation has mutated giant scorpions, the planet is wracked by massive storms, and the sky is in a perpetual aurora borealis-like state.
That's just a short drive away from Watertown! Granted, being next to Fort Drum we'd probably be the first to get hit...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
As long as the planes are still flying I'm going to Cyprus, where I have EU citizenship. All you fucking Americans can just die.

Nov 25, 2013
Well first off Hillary and Obama (assisted by Soros) created the fuckup in the Ukraine. Obama was also busy stationing U.S. military assets in a number of NATO countries that border or were near to the Russian border... which was agitating Putin.

but then Trump comes in who is willing to talk with Putin and more than likely trouble between Russia and the U.S. will deescalate.... but whatever. As long as the people who know what the hell is going on don't listen to the liberal whiny bitches (LWBs)... you will quickly realize that there will not be a major conflict in Europe between Russia and the U.S.

You just keep on acting as a propaganda mouthpiece for Putin. I'm sure that he appreciates it. Maybe he'll score you a gig with the Trump regime for your efforts.