Where do I find a hose?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: Farang
54% is a majority

Rasmussen has a poll that shows only 37% approve, 43% disapprove.

http://www.rasmussenreports.co...us_package_falls_to_37

Or this:

"The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 37% favor the legislation, 43% are opposed, and 20% are not sure.

Two weeks ago, 45% supported the plan. Last week, 42% supported it.

Opposition has grown from 34% two weeks ago to 39% last week and 43% today. "

A real majority. ;)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: loki8481
wth is Obama talking about now?

I went to the hospital like 2 months ago and had to fill out 1 form + pay copay.

why does he have such a hardon for computerizing healthcare? he seems to mention it almost as much as he says that failing to pass his stimulus package will lead to the end times.

Uhmm, the forms you fill out aren't the problem.

Oh and for everyone else throwing out polls, Gallup seems to disagree with Rasmussen and pegs support for the current package at 52% or so.

RKDaley

Oct 27, 2007
:roll:

In context, what he said was " Governor Crist shares my conviction that creating jobs and turning this economy around is a mission that transcends party. When the town is burning, we don't check party labels. Everyone needs to grab a hose"

He was adding to what Gov Crist was saying when he introduced President Obama, that this is not a party issue, that everyone - no matter what party - steps up to help.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
When you buy your hose...if you find you don't actually use it, just store it with the plastic sheeting and duct tape that YOUR former president told you to buy.

OMFG! Terrerests! Buy plastic sheeting and duct tape!!

The sky is falling!

and the faithful sheeple went out and bought plastic sheeting by the roll...and duct tape by the case.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I dont think Barak Obumma even knows how to write a stimulus bill or even knows what is in it. He is out of touch with the American People. All he knows is tired slogans with an idealogical message.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: piasabird
I dont think Barak Obumma even knows how to write a stimulus bill or even knows what is in it. He is out of touch with the American People. All he knows is tired slogans with an idealogical message.

While someone like yourself, who can't even spell his name right, can? He isn't out of touch with the American People, he's out of touch with the right wing morons like yourself who can't understand basic concepts.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Yeah i agree, let's do nothing, just wait it out, something will make things all better. I've increased my tithing so I'm sure that will get us somewhere.

Must be a "heavy flow" day for the OP.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: RKDaley
:roll:

In context, what he said was " Governor Crist shares my conviction that creating jobs and turning this economy around is a mission that transcends party. When the town is burning, we don't check party labels. Everyone needs to grab a hose"

He was adding to what Gov Crist was saying when he introduced President Obama, that this is not a party issue, that everyone - no matter what party - steps up to help.

Wait wait wait. Are you saying that if you listen to all of what a person says and not just part of it that you get a different message than if you just pick and choose small snippits of information? Well that's just crazy talk! I think the proper way is to latch on to a small something and bitch about it on a public forum because I'm just too damn stupid to understand how the economy actually works.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
wth is Obama talking about now?

I went to the hospital like 2 months ago and had to fill out 1 form + pay copay.

why does he have such a hardon for computerizing healthcare? he seems to mention it almost as much as he says that failing to pass his stimulus package will lead to the end times.

Not sure, I pay out of pocket for medical insurance and haven't had to much trouble.

Seems like he is leading pretty well if 68% of people think he is handling the stimulus bill well..

99.9% of people don't know enough about the situation to even give an educated guess about what is right.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Seems like he is leading pretty well if 68% of people think he is handling the stimulus bill well..

sure beats Bushes single digit approval rating

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

sure beats Bushes single digit approval rating

That wasn't Bush that was the Democratic congress.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: TallBill

99.9% of people don't know enough about the situation to even give an educated guess about what is right.

I don't dispute that but it isn't relevant to what I was responding to. A good leader has the ability to rally support, no?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
I wouldn't have to do that if YOUR President wasn't forcing so my shit down my throat every day.

Slogan Slogan Slogan.. Fear Fear Fear.. Slogan Slogan Slogan.

I guess you didn't mind the 8 years of having something else rammed down your throat though. You have strange priorities.

Fluff Slogan Slogan... Fluff Fluff Fluff.. Slogan Slogan Spit.

And how did the country oppose Bush's spending? By giving us Obama's spending.

Now people like to claim accountability is the great benefit of centralization of power. "By the people" and crap. How do we hold these two major parties accountable AT ALL if either one is guaranteed victory every election?

There is ZERO accountability, we're no better off than if we had a king.