Discussion Where did the saying or idea come from?

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Where did the saying or idea that, the devil wakes up at 3:00AM come from? Why not 12:00AM or 7:06AM (6:66AM)? All I find on Yahoo answers are bunch of people responding to answers with monster or spooky movie gifs.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.
Simon & Garfunkel

I can hear the soft breathing
Of the girl that I love,
As she lies here beside me
Asleep with the night,
And her hair, in a fine mist
Floats on my pillow,
Reflecting the glow
Of the winter moonlight.
She is soft, she is warm,
But my heart remains heavy,
And I watch as her breasts
Gently rise, gently fall,
For I know with the first light of dawn
I'll be leaving,
And tonight will be
All I have left to recall.
Oh, what have I done,
Why have I done it,
I've committed a crime,
I've broken the law.
For twenty-five dollars
And pieces of silver,
I held up and robbed
A hard liquor store.
My life seems unreal,
My crime an illusion,
A scene badly written
In which I must play.
Yet I know as I gaze
At my young love beside me,
The morning is just a few hours away.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
The witching hour? Probably occult lore. Haven't heard THAT particular description about the devil awakening. Devil worship is loaded with symbolism and significant dates or star alignments. Ask a satanist?

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
The witching hour? Probably occult lore. Haven't heard THAT particular description about the devil awakening. Devil worship is loaded with symbolism and significant dates or star alignments. Ask a satanist?
I thought that there were Satanists in this forum, considering the fact that there are reply posts that have metal genre songs in the thread "what are you listening too".

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Very few satanists worship the devil and/or Satan (most are members of the LaVeyan Church of Satan, who are mostly atheists that like pissing off Christians).

Reactions: whm1974

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
3798.jpg

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Very few satanists worship the devil and/or Satan (most are members of the LaVeyan Church of Satan, who are mostly atheists that like pissing off Christians).
Very few actually believe in the Devil to begin with. And forget the Satanic Temple, which from reading their website does sound much better then the LaVeyan Church of Satan as they are inclusive and not a bunch of Elitist.