Where did the free NVIDIA games go?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ryan Smith

The New Boss
Staff member
Oct 22, 2005
www.anandtech.com
Hi guys. I had a couple people email me about this in the past week, so after getting a response from NV I'll quickly post it here for everyone to see.

The holiday bundle hasn't ended, but NV has confirmed that they ran out of codes due to a spike in demand. They're getting more codes and will be restocking Newegg, so the bundle will be continuing once those codes are replenished.

DJ-phYre

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2004
I missed out on the codes, but I was more interested in the $50 I saved with MASTERPASS promo.

By the time I get through my backlog, the games they offered will be cheap lol...

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
What service do the codes activate on ? ( Steam, Uplay, etc).

Ordered my card over the weekend + got the Holiday bundle at least attached to the order.. Might have got in just before they ran out

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Batman is steamworks, while the other two are uPlay. Personally I prefer having uplay games on steam, but that's me. Dealing with uplay is easier (for reasons I won't get into) via steam, whereas uplay by itself after re-installing windows or upgrading windows is a PITA.

Aithos

Oct 9, 2013
I thought the deal ended at the end of November? They might have still had codes and let it continue until they ran out...

We can't sell the codes on these forums can we? I had someone lined up who then decided they didn't want them after the fact :(

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
I thought the deal ended at the end of November? They might have still had codes and let it continue until they ran out...

We can't sell the codes on these forums can we? I had someone lined up who then decided they didn't want them after the fact :(

Sure you can, in the For Sale/Trade forum.

battletoad

Mar 21, 2012
This sucks.

I added a 780ti Superclocked to my basket. It was listed as having the three free games. It also said 1 left in stock (more on the way)

I checked out paid for it.

The auto confirm email didnt mention the games as part of my purchase. So I checked the product page on Amazon. It now listed 14 in stock, with no mention of the three games. I contacted support, they made it sound like I was mistaken or lying, that the offer doesn't exist. So I cancelled. What I assume happened is that someone bought the last card that had the three games included before I completed the checkout process.

Now I see various 780 cards offering the games, but none of the Ti models do...and since I bought Amazon Gift certificates with Bitcoin to fund the purchase, i am stuck with $730 in Amazon credit :(