Where can you buy the original Quake new on CD?

Hardball

Feb 5, 2003
I recently discovered that my original Quake CD has been lost and when I looked into getting a retail replacement, the local stores had little to none of the old pc games available for purchase. Where could I get a new copy of Quake on CD if it's even possible? Also, I'm not interested in going the digital download route.

Hardball

Feb 5, 2003
Those prices are a tad steep for a 15+ year old game. I like me some Quake, but at that cost, used may be the way to go on this.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I have a similar problem, with Quake III. I have the box and everything in it, except for the actual disc. Have no idea what happened to it.

onlyCOpunk

Platinum Member
May 25, 2003
I would imagine it would be one of those games you'd be able to find for free legally to download somewhere.

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
The game was on sale pretty good last week on Steam. It's still $10 so I wouldn't pay more than that for it.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Right on! Someone who still loves Quake! I've seen a box containg Quake, Quake II and Quake III-Arena for $10 in EB.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
I just started playing Quake Live the browser version of Q3. Not a bad time waster for free. The Quake series from 1-3 is the most epic FPS of all time.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I was debating whether to buy it or not on Steam for nostalgia. Think it was less than $5.

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Has anyone gotten Quake to run with Windows 7? Will it work with 7 using something like DOSBox? I've got an original copy, but haven't tried installing it yet.

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
Has anyone gotten Quake to run with Windows 7? Will it work with 7 using something like DOSBox? I've got an original copy, but haven't tried installing it yet.

There is a Win32 executable floating around the net that can be dropped into the quake folder.

I think it's winquake.exe

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011

I remember doing a few small tweaks and getting original 1995 Doom on cd rom to work with windows 7.

So i'm thinking you shouldn't have a problem with Quake.

SonicIce

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
There is a Win32 executable floating around the net that can be dropped into the quake folder.

I think it's winquake.exe
winquake is the official id windows version of quake and it comes on the CD. its pretty bare bones though. you can also get glquake which is the official opengl version. theres alot of more modern quake ports out there since the source code was released many years ago. one of the more modern active ones is ezquake.