where can i go (mechanic or online) to get an exhaust system?

Janssell17

Apr 9, 2019
I have a Honda Accord LX 2016, and im looking to change the exhaust system but i have no idea were and what im looking for.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
You should totally get side pipes.
19335d1318050277-replacing-side-pipe-muffler-dscf3529a.jpg

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
I am not sure the 2.4 L honda has that "deep" sound.

i'll be helpful though....

Borla is a good name and they have a cat back for the accord. Flowmaster is a good name as well, and i'm sure has something for that model.

Janssell17

Apr 9, 2019

Borla is a good name and they have a cat back for the accord. Flowmaster is a good name as well, and i'm sure has something for that model.
Thats why im asking to find the best option, thank you for ur help friend, i look into it and they only have if for "sport" version so i will keep looking.

Feb 25, 2011
Thats why im asking to find the best option, thank you for ur help friend, i look into it and they only have if for "sport" version so i will keep looking.
In all likelihood, anything that works for the Sport will work for the LX (or other trim level equipped with the same size motor.)

And if there are slight differences, it's likely that your local exhaust shop can modify it to work. Unless you're looking for something that's strictly bolt-on for you to do the swap yourself?

Janssell17

Apr 9, 2019
In all likelihood, anything that works for the Sport will work for the LX (or other trim level equipped with the same size motor.)

And if there are slight differences, it's likely that your local exhaust shop can modify it to work. Unless you're looking for something that's strictly bolt-on for you to do the swap yourself?
i wasnt planning on doing it myself, but is that an option ?

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
If its a cat back, it should be pretty easy with few basic tools and some jack stands.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Borla on a Mazda 2.5 V6 sounded awesome back in the last century.
For a 4 cyclinder. Honda....stock exhaust please.

Feb 25, 2011
i wasnt planning on doing it myself, but is that an option ?

Usually. Custom work isn't cheap. But even if the exhaust header for the LX is slightly different than the Sport, the shop could probably use some flex pipe.

Ideally you'd find a local exhaust shop and ask them, since it's more likely that they'd have done something like this before.

FWIW, oemacuraparts.com shows the '16 Accord Sedan LX and Sport use the same exhaust pipe and cat, so a Sport catback should bolt onto that just fine. However, they use different rear bumper covers, so you're probably going to be missing a cutout on the LX for the second exhaust tip. I've seen people just mount stuff like that a little lower to clear their bodywork. You could also just keep an eye out on car-part.com for a salvage yard with a 2016 Accord in your color that was either a Sport or V6 model (those would have the second cutout.) Then swap the bumper along with the exhaust and keep it looking stock.

Hell, if you can find a 2016 Accord Sport in a salvage yard that still has its exhaust and a rear bumper, you could just buy both of those and be done with it. (The Honda exhaust might sound different enough to satisfy you.)