Where can I get industrial strength cleaner at 11:23pm?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I have glue ALL over my hands, im picking it off but its a bitch.

We put down a friends bamboo floor today, whatta bitch... next time, laminate all the way (or at least anything that floats - down with glue)

Anyway, does Walmart sell any industrial strength cleaner?

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
pm at night? ...what, as opposed to am at night or pm in the morning? :laugh:

:p ;)

I got nothin.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
soap ain't going to do anything.. lacquer thinner might do it, but it's pretty mean on skin.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
we tried paint thinner earlier, no luck.

NiteWulf

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2003
Wear gloves.

Problem solved.

:p

If paint thinner didn't work, would that rule out other petroleum distillates? Gasoline is readily available

Ophir

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2001
Once again, acetone is the best solution. You can find it in nail polish remover.

Gasoline? I don't know how people get through life.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Ophir

There is a difference, indeed quite a vast difference, between gasoline and an equimolar mixture of hydrogen peroxide and sulphuric acid.

Is gasoline good for you? No. But then, neither is getting drunk, or smoking, or eating fast food.

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
When I used to paint miniatures, my paint stripper of choice was Simple Green (actually a floor cleaner). Aside from smelling pleasant, it was non-toxic, and when I did make contact with it with my skin, it didn't trash my skin like Pine Sol. FYI: It was latex paint and I let them soak in it overnight, so it may not have the immediate type of effect you're looking for, but it's less likely to melt your flesh off while you scream in horror.

Ophir

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2001
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: Ophir

There is a difference, indeed quite a vast difference, between gasoline and an equimolar mixture of hydrogen peroxide and sulphuric acid.

Is gasoline good for you? No. But then, neither is getting drunk, or smoking, or eating fast food.
My statement wasn't about gasoline being good for you or not. Obviously it is okay is small quantities such as in this case. I was referring to the suggestion to use gasoline, a non-polar solvent, when paint thinner, a non-polar solvent, did not work; to say nothing of the fact that acetone is a well known solvent of superglue.

Using piranha is stupid. Just looking at a boiling sulfuric acid mixture tells you not to put it on your skin. Though, for the record, it would do a hell of a lot better job of removing superglue than gasoline.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Goo-Gone can be found at many supermarkets. It's not 100% safe, though, so wash off immediately.