Where can i get good journals?

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Im doing a really big report on how the uk is gonna power itsself when oil and coal etc all run out. Ive been told i should use journals in my references instead of just random webpages and governmant documents.

So where can i find a journal thats got something to do with either:

A- Electricy generation, renewables etc
B- Future power predictions
C- Microgeneration
D- Some other electricity related thing

Im having a tough time finding anything. I hate having to mould what im writing around references it should be the other way around but if i gotta have a journal in there for a good mark then i gotta have one...

antyler

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2005
Does your school have an online library? thats where i went when i had to use journals. Journals though, are stinking difficult to use and annoying.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: antyler
Does your school have an online library? thats where i went when i had to use journals. Journals though, are stinking difficult to use and annoying.

Oh hell yeah... Ive actually found a relevant one, but i have to pay £31 for it... ok whatever this is important so i would consider that, but its a paperback that will take ages to arrive and i cant search for keywords like in a PDF so screw it.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Your university's library should have tons of references. Some campuses use a ACS's software called SciFinder. Although, be careful. Much of what is published is complete garbage, so don't believe everything you read. Be mindful of how experiments should be properly run in order to ensure one true experimental and everything else, truly controlled. Being able to critically read journals is the first step to really understanding the material at hand.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
You could try IEEE Xplore, although I'm not sure if they have a section specifically devoted to power generation.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Tiamat
Your university's library should have tons of references. Some campuses use a ACS's software called SciFinder. Although, be careful. Much of what is published is complete garbage, so don't believe everything you read. Be mindful of how experiments should be properly run in order to ensure one true experimental and everything else, truly controlled. Being able to critically read journals is the first step to really understanding the material at hand.

We have a thing called "Athens" that gives access to resources from various places like sciencedirect (where i found the 1 relevant journal) and oxford and cambridge resources.