Where can I get a power cord for an Xbox 360?

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
My stepson-in-law is in Irag. As a group they bought several Xbox 360s to share when they have off time. One of the power cords fried when it was plugged into the wall recently and now they need a new cord but have no idea where to get one. My stepdaughter has been looking online to see if she can find one to send to them but is having no luck. I figured someone here would know.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 31, 2002
The cord, or the power adapter itself?

You might be able to call Microsoft support (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and get one there ... if it's just the cord, that's just an ungrounded PC power cord - use one of those.

- M4H

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I guess it must be the power adapter then. I am Xbox illiterate. I don't play consoles. I told her to call, we will see what happens. Thanks.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
The cord, or the power adapter itself?

You might be able to call Microsoft support (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and get one there ... if it's just the cord, that's just an ungrounded PC power cord - use one of those.

- M4H
Mine's grounded and has a notch at the top. I definitely couldn't use a PC power cord on it.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Thanks, if it is just the cord that is a great solution. I wonder if he would take a few extra dollars to simply use one of those flat rate boxes to send it directly to Iraq?