Where can I get a good car alarm from?

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
I am picking up my Integra tommorow and well it doesn't have an alarm system installed. I really want one before I take it to school so my question as the topic states is where can I get a good alarm system from?

Thanks,

Nutcase

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
You got the Teg? What year/model?? Best Buy has some decent alarms at decent prices, but your best bet is a smaller shop (like a sound shop or something).

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
mossberg

# 50273 12 ga. Pump action 6-shot capacity, Marinecote finish, synthetic stock, 18 ½" cylinder bore, bead sight barrel, includes pistol grip kit.

Viper GTS

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Genocide: Yea man!! I get to pick it up tommorow! :D I cant wait! :D

Its a '94 RS Red with only 55k miles its like brand new, no scratches dents anything. The paint is perfect! The thing is amazing!! I can't wait till after school tommorow!!

I'll post pics once I get it :)

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Look around for a shop that installs Clifford alarms. Best stuff on the market.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I paid $250 installed for my Crimeguard a couple years ago and that includes keyless entry. $200 should get you a decent one installed. You don't wanna do the installation yourself unless you really know what you're doing. You could end up with false alarms out the wazoo or the alarm not working at all, or the starter disable disabling the car all the time, etc. Best to have a pro do it.

You won't be able to touch a Clifford for $200. The current version of my alarm, the Crimeguard 533i3 is going for $150 at Crutchfield. Figure about another $100 for installation.

If all you want is keyless entry and basic alarm then the 328i3 from Crimeguard, $100 at Crutchfield, should do the job for ya.

If you want more features, like remote windows, sunroof, telephone access to the car (dial 800 number, enter pin, lock/unlock/start/windows via the phone), etc., you'll wanna look at those Clifford alarms.

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Naa, I don't need all the bells ans whistles when it comes to car alarms. I just want one that is reliable and has keyless entry. Basically I should just take the car to Tweeter or somewhere and see what they have?