Where can I find a TI-83+ calculator online? Can someone make me a GraphLink for Windows?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fergiboy

Mar 10, 2000
Ti83+ is the best calc for statistics anyways. You don't really need the graph link unless you want to play games, that is why I have one.

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
Man Viper, you better stop talking about my 48G like that. I've never played around with any TI's above 86 much, but I'd put my HP up against them, especially for engineering stuff. And engineering profs know the 48G, not the 92.

I've seen instructions for making a Graphlink, and they didn't look like too much fun(as opposed to my 48G's serial cable that I made out of a mouse and a crayon)

And the HP's got BurgerTime

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
BA...

Don't get me wrong, it's a powerful calculator. I have one. But the 92 is MUCH better for what I needed (Calculus, statics, etc). And most of the teachers had long since abandoned their 48G's when the 92 came out.

Viper GTS

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
What would be cool if all the TI calcs were emulated onto our computer, then all we'd need to do is download them just like mp3s ;)

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I tried using my roommate's HP when I was a freshman. We switched my 92 and his HP for a week. I just couldn't get used to the reverse polish notation. It just wasn't natural for me.

I like the 92. I can enter in an equation just like I see it on paper and have it pop out an answer that makes sense to me. I love the way it handles complex numbers, integrals, and differentials. I've always hated doing that crap by hand.

I was finishing HS right as the 92 came out. I guess that's why they didn't have any rules on it. I know that QWERTY keyboards weren't allowed on the SATs. I didn't know that they were banned in some high schools as well.