Where can I find a CDMA phone??

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
God, this phone service changing ordeal is beginning to be a nightmare. I absolutely love my Motorola L6, but it looks like it is going to be too expensive to stay with Cingular on my own....might just have to go with sprint. I really don't know how to look for CDMA phones (and frankly it looks like the selection sucks....=/)

Any help is much apprieciated!

ArJuN

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2005
Check ebay or something. Keep in mind Sprint won't activate a single phone if it doesn't have their logo on it, even if it is CDMA. I personally use the A900 which is a nice phone, my sister uses the A920, which is also a nice phone. Check those out.

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
Originally posted by: ArJuN
Check ebay or something. Keep in mind Sprint won't activate a single phone if it doesn't have their logo on it, even if it is CDMA. I personally use the A900 which is a nice phone, my sister uses the A920, which is also a nice phone. Check those out.

*sigh* I might have to join the flip-phone realm and buy an A900 from sprint....

KevinF

Aug 25, 2000
note -- the battery life on the a900 sucks, there is no expandable memory, and you can't save words in T9.

other than that, the a900 is great.

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: KevinF
note -- the battery life on the a900 sucks, there is no expandable memory, and you can't save words in T9.

Keep in mind that all CDMA phones have a battery-life disadvantage compared to GSM phones, due to the near-far problem.

This doesn't mean that GSM is any "better" than CDMA, it's just a characteristic of the technology. :)

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: gsaldivar

Keep in mind that all CDMA phones have a battery-life disadvantage compared to GSM phones, due to the near-far problem.

This doesn't mean that GSM is any "better" than CDMA, it's just a characteristic of the technology. :)

CDMA > GSM in almost every way. Btw, my RAZR V3c battery lasts a week before I have to recharge it again. :thumbsup:

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Xyclone
Originally posted by: gsaldivar

CDMA > GSM in almost every way. Btw, my RAZR V3c battery lasts a week before I have to recharge it again. :thumbsup:

I'm a Sprint user myself :thumbsup: - a full charge gets me a single day's worth of heavy use on my Treo 650. But, that's with push e-mail running all day. Without e-mail, I imagine I'd get 3-5 days per charge.