Where can I buy those little cardboard things that go into the collar of a dress shirt?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: SilthDraeth
While we are on topic... I lost the plastic bag for my socks. You know the one that makes them waterproof. Where can I get new sock bags?

i just get a loaf of bread and dump that out (don't leave it in the park or it will attract birds) , then i use the bread bag. one for each sock and you have nice waterproof socks again, just like when you first bought them

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: FoBoT
:confused:

you aren't supposed to wear those, they are part of the packaging

You are thinking of cheap collared shirts. :p Nicer ones are supposed to have the "collar stays" left in them. I only own one shirt like that and did not purchase it myself or I would have never known myself.

Nah, he was referring to the cardboard that is part of the packaging...keeps the collar stiff until you buy it, NOT the stays that go in the collar to keep it pointy and neat...
As has been mentioned already, go to anyplace that sells nicer shirts...they should have them for sale there...

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
there seems to be some confusion here.

collar stays are the plastic (or metal) points that keep your collar points straight. there is usually a small sleeve in which you can insert these into the collar.

the cardboard insert under the collar is part of the packaging.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
While we are on topic... I lost the plastic bag for my socks. You know the one that makes them waterproof. Where can I get new sock bags?

i just get a loaf of bread and dump that out (don't leave it in the park or it will attract birds) , then i use the bread bag. one for each sock and you have nice waterproof socks again, just like when you first bought them

Thanks!

TreyRandom

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001

You know, I just thought of something... I can do the same thing with my underwear to re-waterproof them! :Q Bonus! Thanks, man! :thumbsup::D

I once had a screen protector that I got with my Dell 1905FP monitor, but my wife took it off and threw it away. :frown: It even had the optimum screen resolution printed prominently on it. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

TreyRandom

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Triforceofcourage
Why do you idiots keep bumping this thread :)
It wasn't that good to begin with :D

Oh, I must disagree. This thread is an excellent source of advice (and entertainment). :thumbsup::D

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: TreyRandom

You know, I just thought of something... I can do the same thing with my underwear to re-waterproof them! :Q Bonus! Thanks, man! :thumbsup::D

I once had a screen protector that I got with my Dell 1905FP monitor, but my wife took it off and threw it away. :frown: It even had the optimum screen resolution printed prominently on it. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?
I'll give you mine if you paypal me $50. :p :D

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com