Where can I buy circuit board cleaner?

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by techs, Mar 15, 2008.

1. techs

techs Lifer

I had a large supply of circuit board cleaner that I used to clean laptop mobo's when coffee, etc was spilt on them.
    I tossed out my last can, and I can't remember the name or where I bought it.
    The only thing I see is tuner cleaner at Radio Shack, but I don't think thats it.
    Anyone know where I can get some?
    Thanks

EDIT: I found an old picture of my shop with the cleaner on the shelf. It is way cheaper than any competing product. And it is specifically mentioned as working on circuit boards.
    here's the linkage:
    Blow Off Contact Cleaner

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - circuit board cleaner Forum Date
    New build short circuiting my electricity. Computer Help Dec 13, 2011
    Is this a short circuit? Computer Help Oct 23, 2011
    Question on HDD circuit boards... Computer Help Jul 11, 2007
    Carpc: Please help me locate the thermocouple on this circuit board Computer Help Feb 10, 2007
    Switching Circuit Boards on Maxtor Hard Drives- Has anyone ever done it? Computer Help Jul 4, 2002

3. RadiclDreamer

RadiclDreamer Diamond Member

Are you talking about contact cleaner? You can get that at radio shack. Or just use alcohol

4. humanure

humanure Senior member

5. Atheus

Atheus Diamond Member

I just use alcohol, something like white spirit. Make sure you wipe it all off it can leave a residue.

6. techs

techs Lifer

I saw that stuff, and its what I need. But I always paid 10-15 dollars for a can and 50.00 is just ridiculous.

7. bruceb

bruceb Diamond Member

Try looking at mcmelectronics.com .... You want products made by either GC or Chemtronics,
    two of the biggest names in electronic chemicals. As to the higher costs, old cleaners used a
    Freon Based propellant and with the phase out of CFC / HCFC chemical makers had to reformulate
    everything. Hence the higher cost for so called environmental friendly products.

8. imported_Baloo

imported_Baloo Golden Member

9. techs

techs Lifer

I found an old picture of my shop with the cleaner on the shelf. It is way cheaper than any competing product. And it is specifically mentioned as working on circuit boards.
    here's the linkage:

Blow Off Contact Cleaner

10. Tsuwamono

Tsuwamono Senior member

i use engine antifreeze if i dont have any alcohol for cleaning my CPU/heatsinks. As for dust removers which is what i think you are looking for, walmart has them for 5$ or soemthing, Zellers for 9.99, radioshack for 7.99, The source 7.99, Microbytes 2.99, and just about every other major retailer or PC store. Including Best buy and staples but i didnt know their prices.