Where can I buy a coffeelake 6 core?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I literally just got one. They are still in stock right now!!

Same, just sniped one while randomly refreshing the page. It shows up in NIS now though, so it'll prob sell out in a minute or two.

Edit OOS in 1 minute after being in stock. Did we get the only two? LOL

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
It's very possible, my hands are shaking right now lol. I honestly believe I was one of the first one who ordered on that batch. I had my page auto refreshing every 2 seconds lol!

Reactions: IEC

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I shouldn't feel too bad about not having an 8700K because it seems no one else has one either! Geez. I think they deliver like 10 at a time or something. Ridiculous.

Reactions: fastamdman

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
It's very possible, my hands are shaking right now lol. I honestly believe I was one of the first one who ordered on that batch. I had my page auto refreshing every 2 seconds lol!

I thought my 3m refresh script was bad enough...

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
3 minutes is way to long for a refresh script. The nowinstock.net timer / alarm I had setup, went off AFTER the item was no longer in stock. It's way to delayed. Granted, it did help me get my gtx 1080 on launch day, so I'm not to upset lol.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
When they do come in stock have they been $500 like at Microcenter? For $500, and barely being able to find it, you might as well get a skylake x that is available now. This is a joke.
First, I don't want to derail this thread, as I actually planned on getting one, but this must be why AMD has lowered the 1800X to $400 and the 1950X TR to $880 (I snagged another one due to that)

Good luck to you guys, I may still get one if they ever come into stock.

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
Same, just sniped one while randomly refreshing the page. It shows up in NIS now though, so it'll prob sell out in a minute or two.

Edit OOS in 1 minute after being in stock. Did we get the only two? LOL
Lol. Great done AT sniper team. Congrats.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
I'm just curious since this thread has gone pretty off topic. How much would you guys be willing to pay for this processor if it was in stock right this second and you could guarantee one. I asked the wife and she instantly said 500 without hesitation. I'm not surprised at all that newegg increased the price to 409, I see it going up once more before stock comes available (which I don't think will be extremely relevant until end of november.

But let me know what you would pay, If I wouldn't have been lucky enough to get one, I probably would be right around the 500 dollar range as well.

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
Congrats to those who got one! I had more empty shopping carts today at Newegg...darn it!
Keep trying, I keep a refresh of 2 seconds up when I am watching it. You will get one :)

Lol. Great done AT sniper team. Congrats.
I seriously think we were the only 2 to purchase them lol. I got mine, he bought his and they were instantly down again. I would be surprised if they had more than 2 available. It really feels good getting in so soon. I couldn't be more excited, especially with how old my rig currently is.

Vaux

May 24, 2013
I'm just curious since this thread has gone pretty off topic. How much would you guys be willing to pay for this processor if it was in stock right this second and you could guarantee one. I asked the wife and she instantly said 500 without hesitation. I'm not surprised at all that newegg increased the price to 409, I see it going up once more before stock comes available (which I don't think will be extremely relevant until end of november.

But let me know what you would pay, If I wouldn't have been lucky enough to get one, I probably would be right around the 500 dollar range as well.

I wouldn't pay 500 for it. Maybe if the day it was released I could get one for 500 and I knew it would be really hard to get for a while I might have. But nearly a month after release date, they are (hopefully) going to be easier to get soon. This far out, I might as well continue to wait. I'll keep trying to get lucky on Newegg.

Reactions: Crono

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

I guess I'm lucky in that I don't want the 8700K at all. I don't overclock and I want the 8700 for its 65 watt TDP goodness instead of the factory-overclocked K at 95 watts for a tiny +100 MHz stock turbo.

Since I need everything, motherboard, CPU, RAM, cooler and M.2 PCI-E SSDs, paying an extra $20-25 for the 8700 shouldn't stop me. But I'm also a cheapskate. I'd rather give the $20 to Child's Play next month than let Newegg gouge me now.

PeterScott

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2017
I wouldn't pay 500 for it. Maybe if the day it was released I could get one for 500 and I knew it would be really hard to get for a while I might have. But nearly a month after release date, they are (hopefully) going to be easier to get soon. This far out, I might as well continue to wait. I'll keep trying to get lucky on Newegg.

IMO, overpaying, only encourages the continual run up in prices that we have seen in multiple components.

Reactions: Jan Olšan

Vaux

May 24, 2013
8700k in stock newegg now go

got one!

***annnnnd it's gone, not in stock anymore - but I did get mine!

Last edited:
Reactions: thxdd

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
I just posted an 8700k for sale in the For Sale / Trade section. It's posted a little bit high right now, but I am accepting all reasonable offers. It's first come first serve on it.