Where can I buy a coffeelake 6 core?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 19, 2007
Regarding Newegg - I was signed up for "Auto Notify" last week. I even opened my profile on their website, clicked on Auto Notify in the bottom left of my profile screen - confirmed 8700k was listed. Yup. (This was last week)

Yesterday a few 8700k showed up in stock and orders were opened for a very small window - I wondered why I didn't get a notification and recalled I could see I was signed up under my profile. Checked it just now - it's gone. Had to re-subscribe to auto-notify.

Just a heads up for anyone else signed up for auto-notify. Maybe it was just a glitch with my account.

TahoeDust

Nov 29, 2011
nowinstock is a much better way to get notification.

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/processors/intel/

Look at the history of intel CPU's yesterday. The 8700k came in and out of stock 8 times in the last 24hrs...

dIf97i5.png

phillyman36

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2004
Anyone near the Microcenter in St Davids PA they have 2 8700ks in stock. Keep in mind they are selling theirs for 500 bucks Last checked 10/21/2017 @ 8:28am EST

Last edited:
Reactions: Crono

TahoeDust

Nov 29, 2011
As a 7820 owner, would you have gone with the 8700k over the 7820 had it been available? I really want 8 cores minimum.... :)
I have asked myself that a lot. I just don't know. A 8700k and top end motherboard would be about $400 cheaper than my CPU/MOBO...that is hard to ignore. I am very happy with my 7820x and the x299 platform is super robust. I game a lot, but I play at 3440x1440 100Hz, so I probably would not see a difference. I just don't know.

thxdd

Sep 24, 2005
Keep missing Newegg by a few minutes... no movement on either my B&H or BLT pre-orders. Anyone get one yet from B&H?

Oct 19, 2007
Keep missing Newegg by a few minutes... no movement on either my B&H or BLT pre-orders. Anyone get one yet from B&H?

Wondering the same thing about B&H. The only major US vendor I have seen people confirm they have received 8700k from is NewEgg. If anyone has received from B&H I'd also like to know when you ordered it. Please share.

thxdd

Sep 24, 2005
Wondering the same thing about B&H. The only major US vendor I have seen people confirm they have received 8700k from is NewEgg. If anyone has received from B&H I'd also like to know when you ordered it. Please share.

Based on BLT’s numbers/dates, and Siliconlottery’s ETA for 8700K’s, I’m hoping that there will be a significant wave of inventory incoming by end of the month. Whether it’s enough to satisfy demand/backirders remains to be seen...

Vaux

May 24, 2013
I have been on the auto-notify list at Newegg since the 20th for the 8700k, and I never received an email saying it was in stock. And the nowinstock site says it has been a few times since then, so I am not sure that is correct.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I have been on the auto-notify list at Newegg since the 20th for the 8700k, and I never received an email saying it was in stock. And the nowinstock site says it has been a few times since then, so I am not sure that is correct.

I've been on auto-notify since launch and no email. However, I've seen it come in stock once for a few minutes. I assume it was in very low quantities as it was sold out by the time I added it to my cart. So it would appear Newegg is trickling out stock every now and then. I don't think the "big" shipments are until later this week or next.

I'm still holding out for SL's delidded processors, so we'll see if the ETA of 10/31 holds up.

Reactions: Ajay

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I'm not sure we will see large shipments of Coffee Lake desktop CPUs from Intel until January. Are there Laptops available yet? Or at least designs?

PeterScott

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2017
I'm not sure we will see large shipments of Coffee Lake desktop CPUs from Intel until January. Are there Laptops available yet? Or at least designs?

Coffee Lake Laptops? Those aren't do for many quarters AFTER Cannon Lake.

Oct 19, 2007
Darn, had it in my cart @ Newegg, filling checkout, got to Submit page and..... it gets removed from cart. Thought I had one!

Reactions: thxdd

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Bad news for those of us waiting for Silicon Lottery delidded and/or binned processors:
The ETA has been removed for both the 8700K and 8600K. No ETA at this time. :(

thxdd

Sep 24, 2005
Bad news for those of us waiting for Silicon Lottery delidded and/or binned processors:
The ETA has been removed for both the 8700K and 8600K. No ETA at this time. :(

This doesn’t bode well for stock elsewhere either. Bummer!

IllogicalGlory

Mar 8, 2013
I did actually eventually manage to get one off Newegg yesterday, for real. I had similar experiences to you some of you guys before, where I could add it to my cart, but it wouldn't appear, I would get all the way to the "congratulations on your purchase" screen, but find the order hadn't actually gone through, but yesterday, I did actually get one; it's in transit.

So, don't give up on Newegg; I found mine after getting a text alert from nowinstock, (after like, four that had led to those aforementioned scenarios) so it worked eventually. My Amazon preorder from the 6th still hasn't yielded anything ("delivery date pending").

thxdd

Sep 24, 2005
I did actually eventually manage to get one off Newegg yesterday, for real. I had similar experiences to you some of you guys before, where I could add it to my cart, but it wouldn't appear, I would get all the way to the "congratulations on your purchase" screen, but find the order hadn't actually gone through, but yesterday, I did actually get one; it's in transit.

So, don't give up on Newegg; I found mine after getting a text alert from nowinstock, (after like, four that had led to those aforementioned scenarios) so it worked eventually. My Amazon preorder from the 6th still hasn't yielded anything ("delivery date pending").

Awesome, good to hear it’s not just some weird glitch in their inventory system!

Reactions: IllogicalGlory

Keblerelf04

Jul 31, 2006
Well..still no luck on my order at CDW-G. I placed the order on 10/04 and was told I was second in line by our rep. Every day the ETA just moves back another day or two.. Currently sitting at 11/08. Disappointed to say the least. 1080ti should be here soon, trying to decide whether to forget CL and move over to ryzen or stay strong.

DooKey

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2005
Well..still no luck on my order at CDW-G. I placed the order on 10/04 and was told I was second in line by our rep. Every day the ETA just moves back another day or two.. Currently sitting at 11/08. Disappointed to say the least. 1080ti should be here soon, trying to decide whether to forget CL and move over to ryzen or stay strong.

I'd hold out a bit longer and while you are waiting on CDW-G try to snag one from Newegg.

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
When they do come in stock have they been $500 like at Microcenter? For $500, and barely being able to find it, you might as well get a skylake x that is available now. This is a joke.