Where can a guy get some inexpensive, quality flip flops?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: moshquerade
finishline has a whole s-load of them, and there is a coupon floating around out there too.

http://www.finishline.com/stor...Ntk=null&endecaSort=pa

I actually walked into a Finish Line the other day, and then promptly walked back out. They are no longer a "sports" store. They have made th conversion to full blown fasion oriented.

Their shoes are no longer organized under "Running, basketball, football, casual, ect". It's "Bold, Classic, and Fresh".

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: dudeman007
Rainbows

I was a lifeguard for 5 years and I haven't worn anything else. From leather to rubber to hemp, rainbows last forever and come with a warranty. 3 years out of lifeguarding and I'm still wearing the same pair I had when I left the beach.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: SpiderWiz
I recommend getting yourself a pair of Crocs.

Oh yes. I forgot about those. I have a pair of the croc flip flops, and they're usually the only things I wear lately. Unbelievablyl comfortable....a little goofy looking, but very very comfortable.

HammerCurl

Apr 3, 2007
Originally posted by: Atrail
Reef

Very comfortable! I've had mine for 3 years, theyre still pretty good. I got the contoured one it runs about $30 bucks, worth it IMO though. You need side by side comparison with cheap ones to appreciate the difference

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: dug777
They're called 'thongs' ;)

Yeah, when I was a kid...waaaay back in the stone-age, they were called thongs or zorries...haven't heard them referred to as anything but flip-flops (or slippah's in Hawaii) for over 20 years...

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
I got a nice pair from a street vendor. $3. The foam is thicker than most and molded and the strap is velcro adjustable. Nice for wearing socks. It was much cheaper than the overpriced brand name ones, which can be had for $1-$2 in the dollar stores but without the brand.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
you can make a pair out of pipe insulation foam and duct tape
we did that in the Navy when our store bought flipflops died while out to sea

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
you can make a pair out of pipe insulation foam and duct tape
we did that in the Navy when our store bought flipflops died while out to sea

cw42

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
I got a few pair of flip flops from a JCrew outlet really cheap, like $4-5, and they have all diff kinds too.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
My AE ones have lasted about 3 years. Have a pair from Target as well - the leather-ish ones with cushioning that are going on 2 years strong. And I wear them, a lot.