where are you moving when the US goes to pot?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

where are you going when america goes under?

• staying where i am!

• moving somewhere else in the US

• canada

• england

• australia

• latin american country

• other european country

• asian country

• african country

• one of the poles (comedy option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Should the other countries deny American immigration?
What happens when the Americans start gaining a majority and want to start turning the new country into another shithole?
;)

They should if the Americans come over illegally, demanding people learn English and to receive .gov bennies without paying taxes.

Now, if they come over and register according to the laws of said country, pay all proper taxes, assimilate into the local culture, and follow the laws of the land I don't see what the issue would be.

/sarcasm

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Wait, what? Going to pot? I thought we were bringing the pot here!

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
They should if the Americans come over illegally, demanding people learn English and to receive .gov bennies without paying taxes.

Now, if they come over and register according to the laws of said country, pay all proper taxes, assimilate into the local culture, and follow the laws of the land I don't see what the issue would be.

/sarcasm

I've noticed a lot of posters here have a problem recognizing when hypocrisy is being pointed out.
It's as hard to detect as sarcasm

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Heh. Righties fantasizing about leaving the US because it's going to pot on account of ebil soshulism, moving to other countries that have even more of the ebil soshulism.

Up next, raving about delusional libruhls.

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
I did not know this

If its so bad, Im sure one of the millions of people trying to get in the US will trade places with you. You should start a website where US citizens that aren't happy living here can change lives with people that wait decades on lists to get in. Im sure it will go viral

Exactly.

If you're so anti-American, feel free to use your rights as a free person to freely get your sad, silly ass on a plane and pursue happiness elsewhere.

With Independence celebrations still echoing from yesterday, the OP boots a kick to the nads of all the patriots and citizens who fought and stll fight for our freedoms and way of life.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
They got the pot here in California and its been spreading like wild fire. But once the pot reaches my neighborhood I'm out!

Everyone jokes and talks about zombies but really the next big plague will be the pot. The pot is worse than zombies because I heard they eat all your food and keep your couch warm.

I LIKE MY COUCHES COLD!! MOTHER FUCKERS! DO YOU HEAR ME? COLD!!

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
They got the pot here in California and its been spreading like wild fire. But once the pot reaches my neighborhood I'm out!

Everyone jokes and talks about zombies but really the next big plague will be the pot. The pot is worse than zombies because I heard they eat all your food and keep your couch warm.

Your more likely to be killed by your couch then a terrorist

Americans Are as Likely to Be Killed by Their Own Furniture as by Terrorism

http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...y-their-own-furniture-as-by-terrorism/258156/

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
That's it then. I demand extraordinary rendition and bugging for sofas

Screw that! I'd rather have freedoms than couches!

I'm throwing out my couches now!

FUCK YOU COUCHES!!! YOU GOD DAMN TERRORIST TRAITORS! I DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING SPYING ASSES IN MY HOUSE!!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Heh. Righties fantasizing about leaving the US because it's going to pot on account of ebil soshulism, moving to other countries that have even more of the ebil soshulism.

Up next, raving about delusional libruhls.

Acutally Hong Kong tied for fourth. We're seventh. NZ came in first. Don't plan on moving but when HK comes in three places above Obamanation, gotta wonder.

Edit as I got that wrong. HK came in third.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Acutally Hong Kong tied for fourth. We're seventh. NZ came in first. Don't plan on moving but when HK comes in three places above Obamanation, gotta wonder.

Edit as I got that wrong. HK came in third.

That's just the "economic freedom" index, correct?

What about the rest of it?

HK is a country? Really?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The new nexus of the Pot epidemic is right here in Colorado! I mean, anybody can grow their own pot and the local authorities can't do anything about it! The Horror!

Where the fuck is Big Brother when you need him, anyway?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
That's just the "economic freedom" index, correct?

What about the rest of it?

HK is a country? Really?

Nope. It includes personal freedoms. HK is not a whole nation but it's semi autonimous and has a substantial population. There are nations proper who are less. . The thing I liked is that the metric measured freedom not democracy. The latter may or may not lead to longer term freedom, but I suggest a cursory read of the Egyptian riot thread will show how freedom is secondary to democracy in the eyes of some. I'd argue that if democracy takes away liberty then we'd be better off without it.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I am not moving anywhere. The same people using pot now, will be the same ones smoking it when its fully legal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Nope. It includes personal freedoms. HK is not a whole nation but it's semi autonimous and has a substantial population. There are nations proper who are less. . The thing I liked is that the metric measured freedom not democracy. The latter may or may not lead to longer term freedom, but I suggest a cursory read of the Egyptian riot thread will show how freedom is secondary to democracy in the eyes of some. I'd argue that if democracy takes away liberty then we'd be better off without it.

No link, of course. Your last sentence is perhaps some of the most exquisite doublespeak ever uttered, btw. In our modern world, freedom w/o democracy is possible only in the minds of fools. The frontier closed over 100 years ago, in case you hadn't noticed.