where are you moving when the US goes to pot?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

where are you going when america goes under?

• staying where i am!

• moving somewhere else in the US

• canada

• england

• australia

• latin american country

• other european country

• asian country

• african country

• one of the poles (comedy option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Should the other countries deny American immigration?
What happens when the Americans start gaining a majority and want to start turning the new country into another shithole?
;)

Then they can see how much it fuckin sucks to be overrun and ruined.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Family and friends and community here. Why would I move? I have people I need to support and I have people who will support me.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
About 1/2 my family lives in Europe but I dont really like it so prolly NZ. Seems like America used to be and rural which I like. english & english common law is a big bonus in so far as assimilation. I've actually thought about this since we visited about 5 years ago.

Canada would be my 2nd choice but too cold. I go fishing there every summer for two weeks and its still cold.

Last summer it hailed for three days in July. Froze my butt off. And we're talking about Southern Canada (lakes near dryden ont) Yeah screw Canada. I like desert hot climate TBH so maybe Australia would be nice too.

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Canada would be my 2nd choice but too cold. I go fishing there every summer for two weeks and its still cold.

It's been 80 F here for the last week.
Come spend a month during the coldest snap of the winter, and you'll be wearing just your shorts when it gets to 0
;)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I see NZ several times. Thing is most of you couldn't get in. They have higher standards :p

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Canada, clearly. Canada has more similar to the US than any other country. I am an ardent supporter of Western nations and values/culture. There are few exceptions. I like what I've seen in Japan, but as a tourist one gets a very tiny view of things.

New Zealand could do, I guess.

Australia seems hit or miss; I know a guy who's daughter is there for a couple of years now and he says after a long visit that it's like NA was 25 years ago. On the other hand, they are very gov-knows-best in a lot of things, way over the top and frankly oppressive.

Europe is too crowded and seems to be going to pot anyway.
I see NZ several times. Thing is most of you couldn't get in. They have higher standards
This is true. Unlike some other nations NZers seem to appreciate what they have and immigrating to it is not so easy as having a pulse.

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
I wouldn't leave, but if forced to answer both Uruguay and Hungary would be acceptable bugout countries. Both are underrated travel destinations if you have been to either or have researched.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
"one of the millions trying to get in..."

That is one of the major problems--population explosion. Our nation currently has the world's third highest population (behind India and China and ahead of Pakistan--great company to be in). If the population continues to increase and explode, the quality of life in the nation will have to decrease simply because there will be fewer resources available per capita, which means higher prices for those resources in addition to increased pollution and environmental destruction.

Combine that with our economic problems (transforming into a third world country where a small percentage of the people will be very rich and almost all the rest lower class), it's a time bomb waiting to go off.

In the meantime, our politicians are completely unaware of the population issue and either do not recognize the economic problems or have no intention to fix them (probably because they are personally benefiting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM1YU-Ni_84

Population in our country is secondary to a true global economy.

Problem with America is nearly everything can be produced elsewhere for less.

Period

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
It always makes me LOL when Americans say this rubbish.

How do you plan to move to these places? You think Americans have some kind of 'I can live anywhere' privilige?

You know how hard it is to get permanent residency in places like NZ or Australia?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
It always makes me LOL when Americans say this rubbish.

How do you plan to move to these places? You think Americans have some kind of 'I can live anywhere' privilige?

You know how hard it is to get permanent residency in places like NZ or Australia?
We figure that if tens of millions Mexicans can get in here, that it ought to be the same around the world. It is, isn't it? There's a fence we hop to get in right? Or is it tunnels?

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
We figure that if tens of millions Mexicans can get in here, that it ought to be the same around the world. It is, isn't it? There's a fence we hop to get in right? Or is it tunnels?

You can try.

But when we find you you go in mandatory detention.

hackerballs

Jul 4, 2013
glad I don't live there then if you're all going to pot, and no, I'm not going to trade with you........Motherinlaw maybe, but me, no.................I agree with michal1980

LOL

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Actually they all have about same requirements as USA

Marriage
Money
and/or Skills

Like a Engineer or guy whos got 500K or falls in love with an american has no problem.

We just dont enforce law on illegals. We even give them welfare and school. Issue is thier children born here are automatic citizens which skews things. It's like laws that contradict.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
When Obama declares himself emperor and mandates martial law with drones and his police state I intend to join the resistance. That's why I and everyone I know needs to get an AR 15 assault rifle while there's still time...

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
When Obama declares himself emperor and mandates martial law with drones and his police state I intend to join the resistance. That's why I and everyone I know needs to get an AR 15 assault rifle while there's still time...

lol good luck with that with flir drones dropping hellfires on your position while y'all are camping in the woods. I seiously laugh at you "second amendment solution" types. If gloves come off and govt needs to save itself you wont last a week with pee shooters.

Not to mention they wont be many of you in the first place. Here is how it goes down. House to house searches for firearms and If you ever bought anything firearm related with a CC or check they know you got one so hand it over or else to detention you go. This will remove 95% of guns from circulation. Then those who try resistance will be dealt with by modern weaponry so only the most crazy would take that risk. An even smaller minority. Naw man aint gonna happen you want change use your vote.

Last edited: