where are you moving when the US goes to pot?

where are you going when america goes under?

• staying where i am!

• moving somewhere else in the US

• canada

• england

• australia

• latin american country

• other european country

• asian country

• african country

• one of the poles (comedy option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i know it, you know it, we all know it. eventually the US will no longer be hospitable or habitable. when that happens, whats your way of escape? or are you staying put?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Should the other countries deny American immigration?
What happens when the Americans start gaining a majority and want to start turning the new country into another shithole?
;)

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Staying right here, well somewhere near where I currently reside. No reason to go anywhere else when there are hundreds of square miles of uninhabited land right here.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Your title and your OP are completely opposite. Your title sounds like you are asking where will I go if the US is forced to end the blatant hypocrisy that is marijuana prohibition. Your OP asks where will I go when the country goes under. They are two unrelated matters.

Im staying here no matter what.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I would consider living in South Korea. My wife was from Korea. South Korea has good Internet access as well.

I could live as an Ex-Pat for a while. I dont feel very tied to the USA. After I retire I might go abroad if I had someone to go visit for a while. Traveling can be quite fun. I lived in Italy for 3 years with my father who was in the Air Force. It was fun.

Last edited:

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
it will never be unhabitable since it's mostly empty, you can always move internally.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In the Book of Mormon it refers to the North American and South American continents as the Land of Promise. It is believed that some Isrealites came to South America and started over there arount the time that Jerusalem was Destroyed. (? 600 BC) I still think that More Americans should spend more time outside of the USA so they can see the value of what we do have. It is good to experience other cultures.

Last edited:

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I would probably pull my trailer to the nearest military base and offer to join the militia.

Apr 27, 2012
Should the other countries deny American immigration?
What happens when the Americans start gaining a majority and want to start turning the new country into another shithole?
;)

Gotta love the anti-American rhetoric from this jihadist and moron. It is Independence Day, show some respect.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I've been thinking about this quite a bit. My wife is European, born in Southern Italy and a citizen of France. I know she'd like to go back to either country. She brings it up occasionally. We have both worked and lived abroad for many years so it would be nothing really new or different. But many of the countries I know and like and would be comfortable in (France, Italy, Netherlands) are experiencing similar problems.

I would like to check out New Zealand and British Columbia. Both seem to be beautiful places but otherwise I know little about them (politics, economy etc.), I've never even visited.

But because of family (kids) who would remain and a lack of money I'll probably just stay here.

Fern

Jun 26, 2007
I've been thinking about this quite a bit. My wife is European, born in Southern Italy and a citizen of France. I know she'd like to go back to either country. She brings it up occasionally. We have both worked and lived abroad for many years so it would be nothing really new or different. But many of the countries I know and like and would be comfortable in (France, Italy, Netherlands) are experiencing similar problems.

I would like to check out New Zealand and British Columbia. Both seem to be beautiful places but otherwise I know little about them (politics, economy etc.), I've never even visited.

But because of family (kids) who would remain and a lack of money I'll probably just stay here.

Fern

NZ is real nice. You should visit.

Oct 30, 2004
i know it, you know it, we all know it. eventually the US will no longer be hospitable or habitable. when that happens, whats your way of escape? or are you staying put?

It's hard to take this poll seriously because you would need more information and details to answer it seriously. What if some of the other nations in the poll are also cocked up? What if they stop letting people in? How hard is it to find employment in those nations?

To me the poll is more like a popularity contest: which other nations would you like to live in? Assuming that there weren't any immigration or employment barriers and that I could support myself while I learn the language:

One of the Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark)
New Zealand (beautiful place, and they have hobbitses!)
A Western European country, Canada, or Australia
Japan

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2004
I would consider living in South Korea. My wife was from Korea. South Korea has good Internet access as well.
n.

I considered South Korea as an option, too. My concern about it is that it's right next door to a nation controlled by insane madmen.

Oct 30, 2004
I did not know this

If its so bad, Im sure one of the millions of people trying to get in the US will trade places with you. You should start a website where US citizens that aren't happy living here can change lives with people that wait decades on lists to get in. Im sure it will go viral

"one of the millions trying to get in..."

That is one of the major problems--population explosion. Our nation currently has the world's third highest population (behind India and China and ahead of Pakistan--great company to be in). If the population continues to increase and explode, the quality of life in the nation will have to decrease simply because there will be fewer resources available per capita, which means higher prices for those resources in addition to increased pollution and environmental destruction.

Combine that with our economic problems (transforming into a third world country where a small percentage of the people will be very rich and almost all the rest lower class), it's a time bomb waiting to go off.

In the meantime, our politicians are completely unaware of the population issue and either do not recognize the economic problems or have no intention to fix them (probably because they are personally benefiting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM1YU-Ni_84

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Gotta love the anti-American rhetoric from this jihadist and moron. It is Independence Day, show some respect.

What did you do on the 4th?

Incor- I did the same thing I do everyday, I waste my life away telling Europeans they are stupid on a message board