Where are the weapons Kerry was worried about?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
CAD,

I request you end your self imposed exile from WMD threads and the like. Your voice in these issues adds to our collective thinking process... (mine for sure).

We, it seems, are embarking on all sorts of WMD issues and are the lessor for your absence... reconsider please!

:)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: HJD1
CAD,

I request you end your self imposed exile from WMD threads and the like. Your voice in these issues adds to our collective thinking process... (mine for sure).

We, it seems, are embarking on all sorts of WMD issues and are the lessor for your absence... reconsider please!

Too late ;) I think I broke my self imposed silence just over an hour ago :D

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
CAD,

Too late ;) I think I broke my self imposed silence just over an hour ago :D

CkG

Well.. good! A voice of reason regardless of its bent is always edifying..

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
the wmds are probably in russia, syria, sold to the highest bidder. it's all part of bush's grand plan to keep these wmd's from ever being used. his logic was that one man with too many wmd's posed a threat, but a thousand people with just a tiny bit of wmd's would not be a threat. :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: drewshin
the wmds are probably in russia, syria, sold to the highest bidder. it's all part of bush's grand plan to keep these wmd's from ever being used. his logic was that one man with too many wmd's posed a threat, but a thousand people with just a tiny bit of wmd's would not be a threat. :D

The hasty removal or destruction of Chem or Bio WMD would almost certainly have cause an accidental release of something into the population which would have wide spread involvement.. I didn't hear anything like that.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003

The hasty removal or destruction of Chem or Bio WMD would almost certainly have cause an accidental release of something into the population which would have wide spread involvement.. I didn't hear anything like that.

Not yet. They did have a problem with radiation sickness though. Looting from nuclear plants.

Please don't steal the radioactive materials!

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: ConclamoLudus

Not yet. They did have a problem with radiation sickness though. Looting from nuclear plants.

Yeah.. saw that a while back.. But, I was saying that the missing WMD must have been a well coordinated movement and must have occured over time and started awhile back. I gotta figure that anything hasty would not have occured with out some notice and probably a release of somekind. If no release then the precautions alone would have at least raised an eyebrow that the Bush Admin could point to as to their existance and removal and that would give rise to another threat of invasion if who ever (save Russia or one of the former Soviets) got them. Or they are buried in Iraq somewhere.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ConclamoLudus

Yeah.. saw that a while back.. But, I was saying that the missing WMD must have been a well coordinated movement and must have occured over time and started awhile back. I gotta figure that anything hasty would not have occured with out some notice and probably a release of somekind. If no release then the precautions alone would have at least raised an eyebrow that the Bush Admin could point to as to their existance and removal and that would give rise to another threat of invasion if who ever (save Russia or one of the former Soviets) got them. Or they are buried in Iraq somewhere.

They probably moved them out of there a few years ago. Before 9/11 got us all worried about terrorists everywhere. We probably would've caught it if it happened since. Well, maybe. They didn't just disappear and I can't see why Hussein would've destroyed them after stockpiling them for so long. This would explain why Hussein was so sketchy about details of disarmament but at the same time was clear that they didn't have any weapons. It would also explain why we keep finding things here and there but nothing to lay our hands on. If this is true the weapons will turn up, probably in the worst way...not the best of outcomes.