• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Where are the real techies?

techfuzz

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2001
Maybe, it will probably depend on if they are going to be allowed to export their product or not. The encryption thing might keep it from being exported to other militaries.

techfuzz

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Here's one comment about the product. Thoughts?

"Personally, I would have used a 3745 router with an integrated 16 port Ehterswitch module providing 802.11af inline power to local Cisco IP phones and 1200 series G-radio dual band Cisco AP and 1400 bridge to get up to 20 miles out. I'd have sold Compaq I-paq's running IP Blue's PDA softphone application via WiFi wireless networking. This enables soldiers to talk via PDA's with toll-quality and conferencing, -all that.

As for the video surveylance - the Cisco LEAP security can be hacked - it's proven. I'd rather see a laser link to a few cameras, that way there's no chance of eave's dropping or man-in-the-middle attacks. Laser is more expensive, but heck it's the Fed Gov't!

Anyway, sounds like some Cisco sh$t in a box. Cool.

Hope that helps shed some light on the darkness. Peace."

ASK THE COMMUNITY