Where are the ACPI power options in ASUS UEFI BIOS??

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I'm looking for the power options in the ASUS UEFI BIOS. Basically I want the computer to turn on again in the event of a momentary power loss. I don't want it to stay off. I believe it was possible with the old legacy BIOSes, but I don't see any ACPI power options in the UEFI BIOS.

Is it possible to do this?

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
If I recall correctly it is in advanced settings under something like AMP, either way I am almost certain it is there.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
I'm looking for the power options in the ASUS UEFI BIOS. Basically I want the computer to turn on again in the event of a momentary power loss. I don't want it to stay off. I believe it was possible with the old legacy BIOSes, but I don't see any ACPI power options in the UEFI BIOS.

Is it possible to do this?

Not all UEFI BIOSes are created equal, unfortunately, so the options are not always going to look the same as you may be used to. From your sig, I assume you're using the M5A97 EVO.

I'm not positive about the EVO, but for the non-EVO BIOS, to get the setting you want, you need to go to the Advanced tab, and then to "APM." In APM, you want to set ErP Ready to DISABLED. Once you've done that, other options might appear (they do in the non-EVO), including "Restore AC Power Loss." Set that option to "Power On" or "Last State" if you want it to go back on if it was on, or stay off if it was off.

I may have explained that badly...if so, look at page 3-21 of your user manual and/or page 3-20 of the M5A97 (non-EVO) manual. All of the manuals are available on Asus' website for each product.

Last edited:

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Thanks to both of you!!

I did have to disable ErP and then the other settings showed up.

Cheers.