Where are all the stock market = economy fans?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Where are all the people touting Trump as the best President ever due to record stock market highs? Why aren't they loudly proclaiming that Biden is the best President ever? I hope it isn't because they only believe stock market = economy only when it meshes with their deeply held biases...

Reactions: alexruiz

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Don't know what your on about. Economy did well under Trump, it might or might not do well under Biden. We need to get past the wuflu before starting that particular dick swinging contest.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Don't know what your on about. Economy did well under Trump, it might or might not do well under Biden. We need to get past the wuflu before starting that particular dick swinging contest.
According to what metrics?

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
How did the deficit do?

The deficit did wonderfully! My Republican friends are gnashing their teeth over the money being spent to help everyday Americans, yet when DJT increased the debt by trillions for his economic recovery and tax cut for the rich they seemed oddly quiet. I guess people that predicted conservatives would suddenly become fiscally responsible when Biden took office were right, who would have guessed?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

"don't know what you're on about" - really, you don't say.

Oh, nice wuflu plug, trump is proud.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Market is doing great since the country voted to dump Donny.

With getting our shit together on the vaccine and big stimulus efforts (ie government actually interested in running the country rather than whine on Twitter..) we should be in a good position for recovery and growth.

I'm up an F ton y/y.

Lots of buying last March is paying off.

Reactions: cytg111

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
For reference

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
CNN did segment this morning. They chose the S&P because it reflects more accurately for the average person and their 401Ks. But since election night, S&P up 24% this year vs only 8% for the orange baby. Since inauguration, 8 vs 2%. But as the newscaster said, presidents avoid taking credit to avoid the blame for the stock market. Not a single peep from the Biden camp about the record highs since he became president. Like look how much Trumpity Dumpity boasted back in 2017. Can't imagine the tweets he'd post if he had this current stock market.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69