Whenever the news posts about "White People With Guns" its usually scary or weird or monstrously stupid.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
The list has folks like David McAtee on it. You know, the guy who was shot by a National Guardsman?

And? I said that people have been killed by the mobs. That isn't mutually exclusive to protesters also being killed. Do you like arguing with logic fallacies?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
No. You said:

Big difference.

I guess we ignore the murders, the massive property destruction, and people who are gravely injured/maimed (of which there is a lot more of this than killed) and continue to call all this "peaceful protests" still right? Even with these peaceful protesters break into a gated community while armed, and walked into your property threatening your life and to burn down your house because they couldn't find the mayor's house.

You guys just epitomize this comedy act.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I guess we ignore the murders, the massive property destruction, and people who are gravely injured/maimed (of which there is a lot more of this than killed) and continue to call all this "peaceful protests" still right?

No. We just don't ignore your misrepresentation of what you said.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
No. We just don't ignore your misrepresentation of what you said.

What did I mis represent? This is literally what I said.

Do you know how many people have been killed in these riots lately by rioters? Are you really this dense? I wouldn't be taking my chances with a mob like that on my property and not when they are also armed.

These people in the McCloskey incident BROKEN DOWN A GATE. They came in armed. They were mad and trying to find the mayor's house. They got even madder when they couldn't. They then threatened the lives and home of the McClosekys. What in all of those statements is a misrepresentation of the facts here? Knowing the amount of violence going around the country through these "protests" aka riots, no reasonable judge or jury is going to find people arming themselves in the face of such a group of people unjust actions.

• Haha
Reactions: soundforbjt

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

These people in the McCloskey incident BROKEN DOWN A GATE. They came in armed. They were mad and trying to find the mayor's house. They got even madder when they couldn't. They then threatened the lives and home of the McClosekys. What in all of those statements is a misrepresentation of the facts here? Knowing the amount of violence going around the country through these "protests" aka riots, no reasonable judge or jury is going to find people arming themselves in the face of such a group of people unjust actions.
When your lies don't gain traction maybe you should consider not repeating them.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

LOL, dude doubling down on the lie won't help you.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Lies? nothing stated by me in this thread was a lie. But if it makes you sleep better at night then call hard facts lies I guess.
You did, your specific misrepresentations have already been pointed out to you. Ironically enough you even quoted it.

Reactions: Meghan54

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
You did, your specific misrepresentations have already been pointed out to you. Ironically enough you even quoted it.

Riot definition.

: a violent public disorder specifically
: a tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together and acting with a common intent

More than 3 people showed up. They violently broke in. They threatened further violence. By definition those people at the McCloskey's were rioters. How again am I mis representing the scenario in this discussion?

• Haha
Reactions: soundforbjt

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Riot definition.

: a violent public disorder specifically
: a tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together and acting with a common intent

More than 3 people showed up. They violently broke in. They threatened further violence. By definition those people at the McCloskey's were rioters. How again am I mis representing the scenario in this discussion?
Reread your own damn posts and the replies to them. See if you can figure it out. Its been specifically pointed out to you already.

Also never call anyone else retarded.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Reread your own damn posts and the replies to them. See if you can figure it out. Its been specifically pointed out to you already.

Also never call anyone else retarded.

Ignorance seems to not be bliss here. It seems to have an angry streak with a dash of alternate reality. After being called out this much, intelligence usually understands defeat and the effort is out weighted by reality of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary so they walk away. They may still think they are right inside there head, but they stop talking. Clearly not here. This is clearly someone who understands the “law” so much they keep misrepresenting it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Ignorance seems to not be bliss here. It seems to have an angry streak with a dash of alternate reality. After being called out this much, intelligence usually understands defeat and the effort is out weighted by reality of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary so they walk away. They may still think they are right inside there head, but they stop talking. Clearly not here. This is clearly someone who understands the “law” so much they keep misrepresenting it.
Ignorance is Bliss only during one of the phases.

IMG_4072%20(1).JPG

In the other 3 phases, Ignorance is pain and suffering.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
LOL, dude doubling down on the lie won't help you.

Well, it's not a lie if he actually believes his own bullshit, is it? This post is a great example-

You can have whatever "opinion" you want no matter how much it stinks. I just come in with the facts. Speaking of which, more updates...

Turns out the mob WAS on their property as can be seen in photos. The McCloskey's asked them to leave and they were being threatened to be killed and have their house burned down with an armed mob on their lawn. They then went in to get their guns, of which the handgun was completely inoperable in the first place. Which by law it could never fall under brandishing laws anyhow in Missouri. The DA for the state is seeking to make Kim dismiss the political charges as well. So yah, facts still hurt your feelings?

"they were being threatened to be killed and have their house burned down with an armed mob on their lawn." is obviously false.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Well, it's not a lie if he actually believes his own bullshit, is it? This post is a great example-

"they were being threatened to be killed and have their house burned down with an armed mob on their lawn." is obviously false.

That last bit was the McCloskey's claim for why they went to get their guns.

“Once through the gate, the victims advised the group that they were on a private street and trespassing and told them to leave,” the police summary further states. “The group began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims. When the victims observed multiple subjects who were armed, they then armed themselves and contacted police.”

“This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets,” McCloskey said. “We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob.”

So the mob was told to leave private property. The mob then threatened them. The mob had damaged property already. That is the definition of rioters. Two in the mob were armed. With how rioters have been behaving recently across the country, getting armed against them is a good idea. You people on this forum need to learn how the world works.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That last bit was the McCloskey's claim for why they went to get their guns.

So the mob was told to leave private property. The mob then threatened them. The mob had damaged property already. That is the definition of rioters. Two in the mob were armed. With how rioters have been behaving recently across the country, getting armed against them is a good idea. You people on this forum need to learn how the world works.

Blah, blah, blah. That's just the McCloskeys' story & they're sticking with it. It's an obvious lie that only a gun nut would entertain. If I saw armed people marching up the street, I sure as Hell wouldn't go out waving a gun at them in my bare feet, nor would anybody who thought they were actually in danger. It's just ridiculous posturing for headlines & fame. And, wtf was his wife doing out there with an inoperable firearm other than posturing? No wonder she was so nervous.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Blah, blah, blah. That's just the McCloskeys' story & they're sticking with it. It's an obvious lie that only a gun nut would entertain. If I saw armed people marching up the street, I sure as Hell wouldn't go out waving a gun at them in my bare feet, nor would anybody who thought they were actually in danger. It's just ridiculous posturing for headlines & fame. And, wtf was his wife doing out there with an inoperable firearm other than posturing? No wonder she was so nervous.

Let alone that shirt with the mustard stain. Maybe that’s how they prove she was “nervous” about the “mob,” since she put way to much on her hot dog or hamberder and never noticed it when she wolfed it down to get her inoperable firearm to “protect” their “castle.”

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
LOL, and the cops are coming out of the wood work saying how corrupt Gardner is in this case. Matt Christiansen does an excellent job here detailing the new developments in this case. Including the leaks of the crowd with guns making threats as evidence found by the cops in video footage from the scene. So it isn't just the McCloskey's statements here which any rational person knew there would be no way for them to make such claims as lies.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So the McCloskeys will be speaking at the RNC next week....

They must have passed Trump's "asshole test." They were big enough assholes to be invited to speak.

Apparently Trump discovered that he couldn't invite Ted Bundy because he was executed 30 years ago.

He can still pardon Gislaine Maxwell in time for her to speak next week for him though, so there's that.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
So the McCloskeys will be speaking at the RNC next week....

They must have passed Trump's "asshole test." They were big enough assholes to be invited to speak.

Apparently Trump discovered that he couldn't invite Ted Bundy because he was executed 30 years ago.

He can still pardon Gislaine Maxwell in time for her to speak next week for him though, so there's that.
I believe I was the first to predict they would be there.