Whenever the news posts about "White People With Guns" its usually scary or weird or monstrously stupid.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A Missouri couple under fire for brandishing guns in the front yard of their home as protesters passed told police the group broke a gate *see below* to get onto the private street, and the pair say they only retrieved their firearms when they spotted “multiple” people who were already armed, department records show. They were hesitant to come forward with the full story out of fear that they would “disparage the importance of Black Lives Matter.”

Mark McCloskey, 63, and his 61-year-old wife, Patricia, said the protest was largely peaceful and the pair did not bring their guns outside of the home until two men in particular, both of whom were white, started menacing them.

That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. Go to post #42 & 35:30 of the video. He's out on the porch raving with gun in hand & there's nobody near him. But he was skeered for his life! That's why he had to go out front & pose menacingly while his whackola wife waved her gun directly at people.

Meanwhille, his neighbors sat back & watched him make a fool of himself, as usual. Which makes him a hero to Trumpsters everywhere in some truly twisted way.

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
The mob was already trespassing when they broke through that locked gate. Whether they went on the lawn isn’t relevant to trespassing in this case. That’s the part greybeard got wrong, along with, well, just being wrong.

Someone above said the gate was already broken? I’ve not seen that reported.

The woman in the video displayed a dangerous lack of muzzle discipline for sure. She had that little pistol flagging her husband’s head quite a bit. The man appeared to have his scary black automatic AR 1000 machine gun under control. I don’t remember him “waving” it around.

However, none of this is relevant to the central case I already made regarding the OPs obvious race-baiting.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The mob was already trespassing when they broke through that locked gate. Whether they went on the lawn isn’t relevant to trespassing in this case. That’s the part greybeard got wrong, along with, well, just being wrong.

The woman in the video displayed a dangerous lack of muzzle discipline for sure. She had that little pistol flagging her husband’s head quite a bit. The man appeared to have his scary black automatic AR 1000 machine gun under control. I don’t remember him “waving” it around.

However, none of this is relevant to the central case I already made regarding the OPs obvious race-baiting.
You want to spout law -- In order to be trespassing unless there were signs up, even in a gated community.....you must be verbally asked and given the opportunity top leave.
But of course you would leave important facts out to support your misguided premise, sort of like FOX News does all the time!

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
You want to spout law -- In order to be trespassing unless there were signs up, even in a gated community.....you must be verbally asked and given the opportunity top leave.
But of course you would leave important facts out to support your misguided premise, sort of like FOX News does all the time!

Look at the link I posted above to Missouri trespass statute. Reports in this case clearly show signage. The verbal requirement may apply to to your state.

I’m not trying to defend a trespass stature, rather refuting a previous posters assertion that the mob had to be on the yard itself to be trespassing. The mob was already trespassing once they ignored the private property signage and broke down the locked iron gate to enter the private drive way.

So like MSNBC you are the one with the truth deficit. (PS- fox sucks just as bad)

Nov 29, 2006

Nazi waiving confederate flag at Gettysburg: "I must protect muh heritage at the site that turned the war into our loss"

Everyone else: :oops:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If you want to argue crime nd legality the street belongs to the HOA not the homeowner so protestors were not trespassing on the homeowners property.

The HOA has a case against them for breaking the gate.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

which locked gate?
the one leading into the neighborhood?
or the locked gate on the white people house?

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
Ifunny as hell. What a bunch of mokes. Felt bad for the guy with the BLM tshirt who shows up randomly and gets hassled.

But, you’re still playing the race card. Are you just a dumb bigot who hates people of European descent? Or are you a smart one, intentionally using ethnic disparagement to further some political objective.

Do you think there aren’t plenty of examples of people of other ethnicities, religions, backgrounds acting like jackasses with guns or getting pranked??

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Gettysburg is like Aushwitz.
it should absolutely be remembered but should never be celebrated.
A fuckload of people died for horrible reasons.

Reactions: nickqt

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Ifunny as hell. What a bunch of mokes. Felt bad for the guy with the BLM tshirt who shows up randomly and gets hassled.

But, you’re still playing the race card. Are you just a dumb bigot who hates people of European descent? Or are you a smart one, intentionally using ethnic disparagement to further some political objective.

Do you think there aren’t plenty of examples of people of other ethnicities, religions, backgrounds acting like jackasses with guns or getting pranked??
you tell us? Oh, I have a better idea!! Why don`t you search the internet and tell us? Back yup your assertion...

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Uh, not even close... Greybeard needs more grey matter.

A Missouri couple under fire for brandishing guns in the front yard of their home as protesters passed told police the group broke a gate *see below* to get onto the private street, and the pair say they only retrieved their firearms when they spotted “multiple” people who were already armed, department records show. They were hesitant to come forward with the full story out of fear that they would “disparage the importance of Black Lives Matter.”

Mark McCloskey, 63, and his 61-year-old wife, Patricia, said the protest was largely peaceful and the pair did not bring their guns outside of the home until two men in particular, both of whom were white, started menacing them.

123f8444c38c1187b04244f8e6267394.jpg

Missouri law on trespass.
To be guilty of first-degree trespass, a person must knowingly enter the property, the property must be fenced or enclosed, or the property must be posted at frequent intervals. Trespass in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor; the penalty is a maximum of six months in the county jail and a $500 fine

Sucks when the facts don’t follow your narrative. Nor do facts care about your feelings.

Now you stand there with your pants around your ankles wondering how you became the bigot in this story. Ha!

You are very funny. You show a picture of a gate, that was not shown in the video as broken. Is that the gate by their house? Is it down the street? I posted the Missouri requirements for this to be appropriately designed for trespassing. Where are the signs that say “No Trespassing?” Not in you picture. The sign said, “limited access.” It did not say “no trespassing.” For it to be appropriate, it must have signage. It cannot just what two people think as a time when they are brandishing guns. How does UPS deliver a package? Do they call and get permission. How do the police know they called? It looks like your gray matter is serious bleached white.

I am amazed by your contorting. Never came after you or even claimed you were of a diminished mental state, as there is no need given your posts prove that. You are very flexible though. Do you get tried folding yourself into such indefensible positions?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I am amazed by your contorting. Never came after you or even claimed you were of a diminished mental state, as there is no need given your posts prove that. You are very flexible though. Do you get tried folding yourself into such indefensible positions?
I hear FOX Television is starting a new show called Contortionist Got Talent!!

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Yes, OP tees up a totally racist premise. Shameful classic race baiting.

Firearms can be used properly or not. Whether it’s public or in the middle of the night, context is the most important factor. Ethnicity is irrelevant unless it clearly is.

In this specific case, given the circumstances and the rules of engagement vis a vis the law, it’s mixed. They gave away tactical advantage. The female has scary muzzle discipline. She must have flagged the male’s head a dozen times. Then gestures at the crowd with gun instead of support hand. Overall, not a good example. But they are civilians.

Nevertheless, their ethnicity has no bearing. Shame.

This is the exact issue. If people of color are dying because they were walking on the side of the road with a face covering, died in their own bedroom while police bust down their door on a no knock warrant for a different address, going out for an afternoon run, peddling a possible counterfeit $20 bill, just a passenger in a car telling the officer they had a gun while reaching for their wallet, etc, imagine what would happen if the had these weapons and acted like these fools. Not racist, just facts.

I stand by what I said. If they were, their would have been video posted of 50 police cars and three SWAT vehicles to keep the from hurting anyone. But these fools just make some bad memes.

Reactions: nickqt and JEDIYoda

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
Greybeard, plenty of pictures and video support the trespassing claim. Other posters on this thread have verified that.

Yes, the couple are meme worthy.

It’s still missing the point. Go reread the title of this thread.

Stop making shit that doesn’t need to be about race about race.

There is real bigotry out there. Go be against that.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Greybeard, plenty of pictures and video support the trespassing claim. Other posters on this thread have verified that.

Yes, the couple are meme worthy.

It’s still missing the point. Go reread the title of this thread.

Stop making shit that doesn’t need to be about race about race.

There is real bigotry out there. Go be against that.

If you would have viewed one of the tweeter posts in the first article you would have seen this:
52696d75f7e30ac3472259354a2dd76b.jpg

4b7f06643573874e8f33d4a120acb4c5.jpg

Does not say “No Trespassing.” It says “Private Drive. Access Limited to Residents”. Not appropriate signage based on Missouri law. How is someone to know they are “trespassing?” Yeah, being greeted by Ma & Pa Kettle with a hand gun and an automatic rifle. Nice.

You are wrong. Get some data to support yourself. Nothing on any of the videos posted show the protesters breaking the gate. They actually show the gate was not broken when they went through it.

It is always interesting when someone says, “What about racists against white people.” Really. The oppressor wants the oppressed to not lash out. How unfair. You probably were one that said this about affirmative action, “When are white people going to have affirmative action!” Like every opportunity available, being treated better at every point, getting preferential treatment constantly is not enough, you want it all. It is not racist you fool, it’s facts.

White privilege does not get to claim racism, regardless of your warped logic.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The gate was broken by the peaceful rioters. Are you stupid or lying ? Can’t tell.

That's not necessarily true. It was merely photographed broken some while after the protesters were gone. Wackola homeowner could have done it himself for all we know.

Reactions: shortylickens