when you're done with the bread...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
If the twisty is still somewhere to be found... I use it. Otherwise I spin and knot. My fiancee has a tendency to leave it open after she cooks (bread for whatever)... I'm like... WTF... I figure it's like leaving a door open behind you... it just can't feel right.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Spin only. But most importantly, you have to tuck the end of the bag under the loaf so it doesn't unravel itself.

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: atom
Spin only. But most importantly, you have to tuck the end of the bag under the loaf so it doesn't unravel itself.

I do that when I lose the twistie...

kcklla

Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: atom

I would agree with this, if you let it untwist then you are no better then rh71's fiancee. But to unsure that I dont get people mad at me I twist, use the twisty, tuck the end under and firmly place it back in its place.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Nohr
I got one of these dealies: Bread Buddy. Keeps the bread fresher longer I find, and since it keeps the loaf vertical it frees up some counter space.
The guy who invented that is probably a millionaire. Thinking caps on, people !

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
If you sping the loaf twice, you can fold the plastic down over the loaf. It really keeps the air out and the loaf fresh.

:)

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
I got one of these dealies: Bread Buddy. Keeps the bread fresher longer I find, and since it keeps the loaf vertical it frees up some counter space.

Only way to go. At least from what I remember of my pre-Atkins type life :D

OIKOS

Banned
Mar 29, 2000
lol.... u r weird.....:confused:

i just leave it on the table for my mom to clean it up...!

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Cooljt1
ohhh did someone say bread?

God I never get tired of watching that. I only wish it went on longer.

As for the thread, I use the twisty until I lose it or it breaks. Then I twist and fold.

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
a hybrid of "spin the bag" with a little "wrap the twistie around it a little" followed up with a "tuck the twisted part under the loaf on the counter

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I normally grab the end give er a good spin and tuck the excess under the loaf when I set it down so it doesn't come off.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
If it had a twistie on it i'll spin it up and put the twistie back on. Otherwise i'll spin it up and tie a knot

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
The guy who invented that is probably a millionaire. Thinking caps on, people !

you know, its stupid sh*t like that is how people get filthy rich. Look at what Einstein did, he wasnt rich, well off maybe but not rich.