When you're at the gym, are you one of those people....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Balt
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I don't because it would just be another distraction. I also hardly ever talk to anybody in the gym either( If somebody says something to me I wouldn't hear it because I have Heavy Metal blasting in head from my MP3 player). I check my physical progress in the mirror at home when I am done working out. That's just me though and I haven't a problem with others if they wanr to gaze in admiration in the mirror while working out or to see if their form is correct.

Oh yeah. The mp3 player is a necessity. Why is it that most gyms play pop? Hard to get a good workout with that crap blasting.

Dunno... but I need the heavy music to kick some ass.

I glance at myself after the workout is done (gotta love the pump) but during, no way. I also don't socialize during my workouts, strictly business. Thats why I go wicked late at night, less distractions. I HATE when someone starts talking to me while I am working out.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Yup I like to look, just to admire how much more I can lift than you and how much more dedication I have than new year resolutioner sissies. You say I'm arrogant, I say I'm confident and dedicated.

On a sidenote, if you really want to get a great, hardcore cardio session in, try this... imagine engaging in promiscuous acts with your SO, and he/she doesn't want you to stop and keep going! Guaranteed your blood flow will be better and you'll be able to "last" longer. ;)

Ok, I will imagine myself engaging in promiscuous acts with your SO. Thanks for the tip.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
no... but i end up staying at the treadmill longer than planned when a hot girl gets on the treadmill in front of me... :D

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: eakers
yes. watching my fat jiggle is hypnotic in a way.

lol,I hear you on that note! Funny thing,the harder you exercise and diet the more you actually see all of your physical flaws and imperfections.Too many mirrors are depressing,not positive motivators.