When your car hits 43,000 miles...

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
...and it's never had anything other than the occasional oil change, is it a good time to bring it in for a belated 30k inspection?

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
It's always a good idea to have the routine inspections done even if they are overdue. Better late than never!

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
Drive in reverse for 13k miles and then go in for a check up.;)

I just watched ferris buellers day off last night.....that doesn't work and results in sending your car thru a glass window then it falls several stories in turn ruining the car...

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Heh... okay, thanks. Hopefully it won't cost an arm/leg... I'll take it in for a check up tomorrow during my lunch break.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Call ahead, most dealership or garages have pre-priced these maintenance packages.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Quixfire
Call ahead, most dealership or garages have pre-priced these maintenance packages.

Can do, any immediate/rough offhand quote? Are we talking in the low/mid/high 100's?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you want to avoid costly repairs and annoying dowtime in the future, it would probably be a good idea.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Dezign

Can do, any immediate/rough offhand quote? Are we talking in the low/mid/high 100's?

What kind of car do you drive? Most 30k checkups run over $100, and I've seen them go much higher depending on the vehicle. Just to give you an example, when I owned a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse the 30k maintenance was $189. Of course, the dealership I went to charges $100 an hour for labor so that kind of tends to raise prices a tad
rolleye.gif

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3

What kind of car do you drive? Most 30k checkups run over $100, and I've seen them go much higher depending on the vehicle. Just to give you an example, when I owned a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse the 30k maintenance was $189. Of course, the dealership I went to charges $100 an hour for labor so that kind of tends to raise prices a tad
rolleye.gif

GSX?

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002

rolleye.gif

2001 Honda Civic LX Coupe... my coworker has a Subaru 4-Runner, and he just told me his cost $600 (!!).

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

rolleye.gif

2001 Honda Civic LX Coupe... my coworker has a Subaru 4-Runner, and he just told me his cost $600 (!!).

Ouch! Well, depending on Dealership prices in your area, it really shouldn't go above $200. Civics are pretty common and quite easy to work on, so unless they're doing some serious work on your car, it really shouldn't go above $200 even with inflated dealership prices.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001

rolleye.gif

I service a lot of V6 Accords and their first 30K service runs about $150-$175.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002

rolleye.gif

I service a lot of V6 Accords and their first 30K service runs about $150-$175.

Better than $600, thanks for the info...

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
...and it's never had anything other than the occasional oil change, is it a good time to bring it in for a belated 30k inspection?

My 2001 Accord actually hit 41k a couple weeks ago and I finally brought it in for the 30k service. I dropped $350 for it but this is NoVa at the dealership I bought it from. Probably couldv'e saved some money but oh well.

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

rolleye.gif

It's Toyota 4Runner and he got taken for a riiiiiiide by the dealership.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
im due for my 60K check up on my ford focus.. wonder how much that is going to cost me..
All you have to do is ask. ;)

Oh waited you just did.