When you PM at Anandtech, we're talking private!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
On my laptop, I accessed a PM to me. I made a note to myself, pasting the contents of the PM into it. I wanted that note (which included the content of the PM) accessible on my desktop, so I sent the contents of the note (copy/paste) in an email to myself. However, it never appeared in my inbox. I did it again, same thing. I have been trying to figure this out all morning. From my desktop, the same text will not send (I got it to my desktop by copying a file onto a flashdrive).

I called ATT tech support and a rep couldn't figure it out. I tried copying and pasting the text to notepad, saving, opening, copying into an email and sending to myself. Still doesn't arrive in my inbox. It's in my sent folder, fine.

The rep at ATT/Yahoo escalated the issue to 2nd level but after waiting about 1/2 hour, I was dropped off the line. I have a case number and can call them again.

Does this have something to do with Anandtech's PM system? Is there some code embedded in there that keeps you from sending the contents as an email? :confused:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: MustISO
Export your PM's to a file and email that.

The ATT tech had me do that and it still didn't come through! Attachment.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Uh, yeah, I don't use PM a lot but someone sent me one yesterday, actually two. I had big trouble just getting to read them. PM doesn't work well right now, it has serious issues. I finally was able to read the first PM, but could only read the subject line of the 2nd. Finally, an hour or more later, I could read the second one too. Very weird stuff. Maybe those problems are related to the OP here.