when you buy a live lobster at the store how do you get it home?

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
I think they just throw the lobster in a paper bag. At least that's what I remember from when my parents would bring a lobster home when I was younger.

-Tom

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
i put a leash and collar on them and walk them home.just be careful in intersections

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
You could stuff it inside your shirt to keep it warm like a puppy. If you were stealing it you could stuff it down your pants.

You could always use the cardbord container they furnish for lobsters I suppose, but where is the fun in that?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
normally paper bag.

but man they are messy to kill. big knife right threw the head and then chop down between the eyes. just watch out for all the squirting lobster goodness juice.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Soccer55
I think they just throw the lobster in a paper bag. At least that's what I remember from when my parents would bring a lobster home when I was younger.

-Tom

Last time I got one it came in a huge chinese food type container.

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by: spidey07
normally paper bag.

but man they are messy to kill. big knife right threw the head and then chop down between the eyes. just watch out for all the squirting lobster goodness juice.

Why not just throw them head first into the boiling water?

-Tom

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: spidey07
normally paper bag.

Um, the boiling water should kill it. You dont kill and then cook a lobster :Q

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I try to re-enact the scene from National Lampoon's Vacation where Clark is dragging the dog behind the car.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
In a paper bag. We take it home, jam a knife in its brain, then proceed to cut it up in pieces.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: aidanjm
I support the death penalty for people who kill their lobsters. :|

that's they only way to get them fresh though.

It's oh so delicious. The fat just melts into the lobster meat, plus the brains and inards have a delictable sweetness that is unmatched in other foods.