When would be the best time to workout with my 2 possible schedules?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TheSiege, Dec 1, 2012.

1. TheSiege

TheSiege Diamond Member

Schedule A - Work 9pm - 7:30am Probably sleep around 8:15am to 4pm
    Schedule B - Work 11am - 9:30pm Probably sleep around 12am to 8am

I am not sure which schedule I will end up with but what would be the best time for the most effective workout, I can always change the sleep time.

2. Whisper

Whisper Diamond Member

I've personally found that going immediately after work (as in changing at work and driving straight to the gym) works for me. That, or you could go a bit before work, which could also be manageable given the hours you'd go in.

3. Cstefan

Cstefan Golden Member

And just to be a jerk, I love going in the AM. I am lucky enough to work from home. I wake up, work for an hour, go to gym, eat breakfast etc...

4. blackdogdeek

blackdogdeek Lifer

If I get enough rest, I find the best time to workout is after waking up and before going to work. I have the most energy then and it also leaves less room for missing the workout which is often the case if work runs late or I am really tired by the end of the day.

5. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

I lift after work. There are nights during the week where I'm out super late (play in a band). It works for me. You might just have to try them out and go with whatever feels better.

Personally, I'd have a tough time adjusting to lifting in the morning, but that's just me.

6. Wonderful Pork

Wonderful Pork Golden Member

I love working out in the morning before eating. Unfortunately, since I can't work from home the alarm goes off at 3:50am so I can hit the gym around 4:30-5am (need time to wake up) and get to work by 6:30 or so. 100% worth it since I feel fantastic all day and can do whatever I want with my evenings.

I'm usually in bed by 9:30 or so, 6 hrs of sleep is good enough for me.