When will MSI release the K7T Pro 2??????

Vegito

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
I hope you got the right one, cuz the discussion for the last week was they had a microatx mistaken for a Pro2, also the one they have is ata/66 not the ata/100

Henry Kuo

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2000
It is out, I believe MWAVE has it.

Red Dawn, make sure you tell us how the board performs!! ;)

billyjak

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just ordered one from Mwave, it says the 6330 is the Pro 2 in the motherboard selection.
The bundle says just 6330, so is this the Pro 2 also
I thought the 6340 was the micro
Are all the 6330's the Pro 2 version.

Spaceme

Oct 27, 2000
Hello. MWAVE.com does indeed have the K7T Pro2. I purchased one the day that it was available from them, received in on Friday by overnight FEDEX, installed it, and am currently running on it. It has the multiplier adjust and is extremely stable, and is very high quality. All seven of the capacitors around the CPU socket are rated at 4700uF. In the Anandtech review of this motherboard, it states that there are "3 3900uF and 4 4700uF high quality capacitors next to the CPU socket." The review states that this was a pre-production board. I guess that super stability was not good enough for MSI and so they wanted SUPER-ULTRA-MEGA STABILITY and so put all 7 of the capacitors at 4700uF. The capacitors look extremely impressive because they are a little over an inch tall. This is a really great board. It does not perform quite a good as the Abit KT7 in the area of memory bandwidth and does not have as many BIOS tweaks. The Abit is not quite a stable also. Don't get me wrong though, both boards are very stable. So it comes down to what you really want. I guess the best way to describe these boards is with an analogy. Do you choose between the Ferrari F50 (Abit) or the Porche 911 Carrera (MSI)? Decisions, Decisions.

billyjak

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks Spaceme for the info. I would tend to beleive the bundle package is the Pro 2 also.
We'll see, I expect mine tommorrow or Wed. Can't wait to play with it as I'm building it for a friend at work. Just hope it's the Pro 2 or he'll just have to wait.
I have the KT7 Raid and like it. Running a 1 gig at 1050, so I want to compare the boards to see who is the winner myself. I'll be testing with a 900mz T-Bird

Henry Kuo

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2000
I always have a feeling that you pay a bit of performance for better stability, I guess this is another senerio.

But I personally prefer stability over anything. current systems are all too fast for me anyway, haha. :D

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Henry Kuo

Has the MSI board been in your lab for review yet? How did it rate? Link?

Edit..........................................................

Found the review. Reading it now.:eek:

scraig38

Oct 23, 2000
Alright Henry,

I would like your honest opinion, as i do respect it. I have been patiently waiting to purchase a motherboard, and like the other thread in the general forum, cant decide between the msi pro2 and the abit kt7. What are your thoughts?

steve

Henry Kuo

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2000
sincerely, I don't have the KT7 yet, so i haven't run anything on that board and can't tell you anything accurately.

But from my point of understanding/guessing, I think the KT7 will have better performance (faster), but the Pro2 will be more stable.

I personally (yes, truely personal here) always prefer stability over performance. from what i see, at least in recent generation of mobos, the performance gap is not that large, so i always doubt if I will see that 3% increase in performance. Especially now basically most computer systems are faster than what I need, I don't really care about performance. On the other hand, I want stability. I want my system 24/7, and I don't want it to crash if I run something intensive for a long time (hint hint RC5).

So, if I were to choose, I will probably go for the Pro2, solely because of the reasons I stated above. But different people want different things, so someone might thing KT7 is good and stable enough, etc...

And again, I don't have the board yet. Wait till the round up and see ;)