When will Haswell ready motherboards be available ?

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Im going to get the Haswell, just don't know if I should get the 500 dollar chip or the 1k chip. I don't wanna upgrade for a long long long time.

The 500 chip is hexacore 12 threads, compared to 4 slow threads Im on right now and doing my audio production. CPU goes to 88 percent audio engine but I can make it go 100 and choke, its a little limiting. Haswell will take care of that.

I know I want a ASUS haswell mobo that has a PCI slot ?
Is the P9X79 Haswell ready,, sorry for stupid question ?

kleinkinstein

Aug 16, 2012
Intel-Z87-Motherboards_1.png

Intel-H87-Motherboards_1.png

Intel-Z87-Chipset-Motherboards.png

Intel-Z87_H87-Motherboard-Launch-Dates.png

dagamer34

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2005
Problem is that according to the last AnandTech podcast, you aren't going to see Haswell desktop chips until late Q3/Q4 after mobile chips ship in June/July.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Problem is that according to the last AnandTech podcast, you aren't going to see Haswell desktop chips until late Q3/Q4 after mobile chips ship in June/July.

Haswell quadcore desktops are the first chips to be relased. Q3 sounds more like dualcore Haswell desktop chips.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
What about Hexacore ? Same release time Q1 as the quads with HT.

You already got this answer several times.

Hexcore is an entirely different platform since it belongs to the server segment and will be released in Q2 2014. A whole year after the first desktop quadcore, that will have quadcore Broadwells when the hexcore+ Haswell gets released.

intel10nmroadmap.png

Last edited:

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
You already got this answer several times.

Hexcore is an entirely different platform since it belongs to the server segment and will be released in Q2 2014. A whole year after the first desktop quadcore, that will have quadcore Broadwells when the hexcore+ Haswell gets released.

Thank you soo much ShintakDK you just helped me make up my mind on my upgrade. Im gonna get a 3930k hexa core Ivy and a P8 ASUS mobo 8 dimm... quad channel sabertooth x79 32GB ram , 3 part I have to buy basically.... comes to about 1k...... cant wait.......

intel10nmroadmap.png

Thank you soo much ShintakDK you just helped me make up my mind on my upgrade. Im gonna get a 3930k hexa core Ivy and a P8 ASUS mobo 8 dimm... quad channel sabertooth x79 32GB ram , 3 part I have to buy basically.... comes to about 1k...... cant wait.......