When will Canadians finally admit that...

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Hey, you know it and I know it. But we sell it worldwide at a higher price just by using the catchphrase, so really, who's being hurt here? :)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< ..."Canadian Bacon" is nothing more than just plain ham? >>

I'm not sure it's the best reference but any time I order a pizza with both of them, I can see a difference. The Canadian Bacon (at pizza places at least) is chewier than ham, no?

joohang

Lifer
Oct 22, 2000

<< I'm not sure it's the best reference but any time I order a pizza with both of them, I can see a difference. The Canadian Bacon (at pizza places at least) is chewier than ham, no? >>

Mephistopheles

May 16, 2001
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday during a McD's commercial when they advertised Canadian bacon in a McMuffin sandwich. Hell, if a multinational corporate conglomerate says it's Canadian bacon, it must be true, right? :D

Warin

Sep 6, 2001
It's the way it's cured. But you're right..it's really just ham.

I am a proud Canadian, and even I find it annoying the way some people argue the topic. If it's a strip and it's crispy, it's bacon. Otherwise it's ham. Live with it ;)

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000

<< Give the Canadians a break. They need something to be proud of. ;) >>

National healthcare :p

Oh, and Tim Hortons :D
And Krispy Kreme's coming too :D

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
<<If it's a strip and it's crispy, it's bacon.>>

If it's crispy, it's burnt bacon. Good bacon is chewy with a lot of grease soaked into it. :)

ZV

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
i always called it peameal bacon (sp?)
or is that something different?

*kat. <-- has never seen anything advertised as "canadian bacon" at the grocery store.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001

<< Hey, you know it and I know it. But we sell it worldwide at a higher price just by using the catchphrase, so really, who's being hurt here? :) >>

:)

markjrubin

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000

<< And when will America admitt that American Fries REALLY suck?????????????;) >>

you like poutine?

Mikelh

Dec 9, 2000
Tim Horton's is no longer just Canadian..it's arrived in Ohio and spreading fast, near every Wendy's.

As for national healthcare...I've never met a Canadian who brags about it.

Michael

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
"Canadian" Bacon is just a dumb name for Back Bacon.

It comes off a different part of the pig, and it's cured differently than Ham. But yes it's very similar to Ham.

zod

Oct 10, 1999
It's different than ham.

peameal bacon -- I had that stuff ONCE in Toronto... cheap and TASTY!! My friend was too scared to try it. His loss! It was at some big indoor meat market type place (not THAT kind)... lots and lots of guy selling meat and other stuff. I'd be going there all the time if I lived up in Toronto.

killface

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
canadians don't call it canadian bacon. like was said before me, the call it peameal bacon in canada.

<< National healthcare >>

social medicine sucks. It's slow and not that great. Not that our system is any better.