When was judgement day in T2 supposed to be? When does T3 take place? Plus other questions (spoilers)

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Only saw the end of T3 so I dont know the whole story but I am just checking to see if the continuity is in tact, or what they did to make up for it.

In T2 judgment day was given as exact date if I remember.. but in T3 judgment day was never stopped, so, did the dates match up or was something changed in the story?

Also, was there ever a reference to Skynet being hardware in the older movies since in T3 it was all software.

And, where did the technology to develop the Terminators come from if in T2 everything was destroyed.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
No, T3 takes place after judgment day was supposed to happen.

They delayed it in T2.

Viper GTS

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
They explain it in the movie that judgement day was only delayed. It's impossible to actually stop it. The reason is probably because no matter who is in charge, or what actually happens, someone will continue the skynet project.

Nyical

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2003
The movies were good, but I like the books better even though the story line is way off from the movie.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
No, T3 takes place after judgment day was supposed to happen.

They delayed it in T2.

But didnt the 3rd movie teach us that you cant deny fate and what is supposed to happen will happen?

If it was delayed would that mean things would have happened differently in the other movies, like the Terminator in those and such would know the date would be different since it was already changed in the future.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
The PROBLEM with ending the terminator series with T2 is that it doesn't make sense.
If there is no skynet, then no terminators, then no terminator would be sent back to assassinate his mom, so no human to protect her, so no sex hence John Conner. Since the movie ended with JC still exsisting, Judgement Day was still in the future.

Now the part that really fuc#s with your mind...
Did JC in the future give his mom the wrong information about Judgement Day so he could be prepared for the real Judgement Day. Of course people would say 'why tell her that she could change the future' (the idea of T2) unless that was to give her hope and strength to train him and actually delay Judgement Day. Who would follow a 13 year old to battle a supercomputer with thousands of killer robots after a nuclear holocaust, because according to T2 thats what happens. I, personally, would be much more likely to follow a 23 year old than a 13 year old. Also the way the movie seems too perfect, everything seems too well planned to be chance, it almost seems that the terminator seems to hint that what is happening in T3 is what he was "programmed" to do, watch it again and you'll see what im talking about. From watching T3, I feel the idea of T2 of being able to change the future was just a springboard to the reality that some things cant change and are predestined.

Of course I might be looking way to deep into this.

Superwormy

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJelly
The PROBLEM with ending the terminator series with T2 is that it doesn't make sense.
If there is no skynet, then no terminators, then no terminator would be sent back to assassinate his mom, so no human to protect her, so no sex hence John Conner. Since the movie ended with JC still exsisting, Judgement Day was still in the future.

Now the part that really fuc#s with your mind...
Did JC in the future give his mom the wrong information about Judgement Day so he could be prepared for the real Judgement Day. Of course people would say 'why tell her that she could change the future' (the idea of T2) unless that was to give her hope and strength to train him and actually delay Judgement Day. Who would follow a 13 year old to battle a supercomputer with thousands of killer robots after a nuclear holocaust, because according to T2 thats what happens. I, personally, would be much more likely to follow a 23 year old than a 13 year old. Also the way the movie seems too perfect, everything seems too well planned to be chance, it almost seems that the terminator seems to hint that what is happening in T3 is what he was "programmed" to do, watch it again and you'll see what im talking about. From watching T3, I feel the idea of T2 of being able to change the future was just a springboard to the reality that some things cant change and are predestined.

Of course I might be looking way to deep into this.

Woah... brain fried...

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Skynet took over all computerized systems. I'm wondering if they couldn't have made it explicit that the Tx robobabe had created the virus that pushed the humans into releasing Skynet. that would have made sense, kinda like being your own grandfather, so to speak.

As to robots in the future, wouldn't computerized machines start to build robots? I mean they already had the first Terminators unleashed in the movie (the ones in the Skynet main HQ). Couldn't Skynet somehow reach an automotive plant that was computerized to start manufacturing basic robots? Well except for the Saturn plant, which probably will make the cheap plastic terminator series...
:p